It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2003, 09:04 PM   #1

thewind HB User
Arrow Desitin might help some of you

I wanted to tell everyone that I have read that Desitin diaper rash cream has completely cleared up some people's acne. Apparently the high level of zinc oxide in the cream speeds up healing. It also has cod liver oil, I believe (I think that is high in Vitamin A).

The first time I read about this was a post at another site from a girl who once had VERY bad acne, she even had cysts, and after trying everything, this is the only thing that helped her. And her acne stayed away. She said that she first found out about the Desitin from her grandmother who had known a girl when she was younger who had used it on her face and it completely cleared her acne. I was reading that other people were using it and it helped them so much.

About the cream itself, I think it is a heavy white cream, and that would probably make you feel like it would be bad for the skin, but it's supposed to work anyway. I guess you would probably only want to wear it at night because it might be a little messy and may even get all over your pillow case, or you could probably wear it around the house all day if you aren't going anywhere.

Oh and you're supposed to buy the regular cream and not the kind made for sensitive skin or any other version, because the regular has a higher percentage of zinc oxide. I think people said that you should smooth the cream on and not rub it in, just leave it on the skin and you have to wash it off with a cleanser the next day, because it's a little hard to get off with just water. I think maybe you dab it on each pimple maybe, or all over if you have to.

Now I know there are a lot of "miracle cures" out there and it sounds skeptical, but the people's posts that I read all seemed pretty honest. I guess you could do some more research on it before trying it.
Oh, and people were saying they were clearing up within a couple of weeks. Don't know if that sounds too good to be true or not.. Although one person did say that their acne got worse before it got better, so that might be something bad if you are afraid of that happening.

And by the way, it apparently lists some ingredients that made some people afraid to use it, but they did anyway and said it still worked really well. I guess you have to keep up your cleansing/moisturizing routine while not using it too. Not sure if you should put it over a moisturizer or another acne cream at the same time, or if ya even have to use anything else, I guess just try it and see, or just use it at night without using a moisturizer underneath or any other cream.

I do not have acne myself, I have some blackheads, but I'm not sure if it will work on blackheads so I don't think I should try it. But my younger brother has acne pretty badly and so I will get him to use it soon and will let you know what happens, just in case you don't want to buy it yet.

K well I just wanted to suggest it to everyone. I don't know if anyone has already suggested it or not, sorry if you've already heard it (I know y'all sometimes have heard it ALL! haha). Remember it's called Desitin and it comes in a tube in a little box, usually at a drug store or Wal-Mart in the baby care isle, and you have to get the regular cream, the one with the higher percentage of zinc oxide.

Well that's all, I hope it helps someone. =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 09:14 PM   #2

thewind HB User
By the way, I know this isn't a CURE, but maybe if it clears it up enough, you may be able to keep it that way with change in diet/good skin routine or something like that and use it only occasionally after that. And I think the Desitin says not to use it for more than 7 days, but I think that is because it's usually intended for babies, people said they were using it for a while, hope it doesn't hurt. I guess you can research it.

Closed Thread