It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 11:31 PM   #1
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
Post I HAVE THE ACNE CURE!!

I have been reading this book, THE ACNE CURE, which seems very promising and logical; written by a medical doctor.

I have been to a dermatologist recently for a LASER CONSULTATION, and everything this doc told me to do AFTER the LASER process is in this book.

I am not saying you must do LASER then do the treatments in the book, but it helps doing both.

Nevertheless, here is the CURE FOR ACNE: (Of course, LASER will help speed the process if u have $).

---------------------------------------------

-SALYCILIC ACID 2%
-GYLCOLIC ACID 10%
-BENZOYL PEROXIDE %5
-ICE

thats it!

----------------------------------------------

Old fashioned? Yes. Of course, I am not talking about EXTREMELY SEVERE ACNE such as CYSTIC and other forms that require ACCUTANE.

This is just a serious alternate to those who have tried ANTI-BIOTICS, RETIN-A, and what not.

Yes, I have tried all that with little success. I am on this new 'old fashioned' process for 1 week now = no new zits.

[of course, in the past week, I have stopped RETIN-A, stopped my MULTI VITAMINS (whole new topic on why to stop this) and taking HERBAL pills such as Liver Cleaner and what not from a naturopathist]

----------------------------

Here is the deal:

-Whether u want to do the laser treatment or not, thats up to you.
-Whether u want to take herbal pills, again, up to you.

BUT - do not take anti-biotics, or use RETIN-A if they have not worked in the past, stopped working, or don't work well.

This process of the above medications, although old fashioned, work VERY WELL if used consistenly and carefully without drying the skin.

-Before I get started, remember:

*NEVER POP ZITS.
*Never over-wash the face or make it dry. Wash only 2 times a day.

-With that said, here is the GOAL for EVERY ACNE SUFFERER:

*avoid clogging pores.
*remove the oils from the clogged pores.
*kill the bacteria.
*stop the inflammation.

-------------------------------

To achieve the above, do the following in the morning and night:

1-Wet face or wash wash gently with non-medicated wash.

2-Apply SALYCILIC ACID 2% - lotion, toner, astringent.

3-Wait 5 minutes, apply GYCOLIC ACID - lotion or cream. This stuff acts as an antioxidant. It also helps with scars and wrinkles, along with acne.

4- ALTERNATING between the GLYCOLIC ACID, switch to BENZYL PEROXIDE cream or lotion or anything 5%. (10% is too harsh. remember, more is never better).
You can alternate morning GLYCOLIC and nightimes BENZYL. Its up to you. The BENZYL PEROXIDE is the most effective treatment for acne because it produces oxygen for the skin and kills bacteria.

5-Finally at night after you put on the BP, ICE down your skin for 10 minutes. This opens the pores and lets the Benzyl Peroxide u just put on to do deep down. Thus, it reduces inflamation.

*On top of all this, remember to use an oil free moisturizer with at least 15spf in the daytime.

-Each one of the medications does somthing different. That is why you must use all of it, not just one. Thats why people dont get the acne treated.

Remember our goals? Here it is again:

*avoid clogging pores. [salycilic acid works here]
*remove the oils [gycolic acid works here]
*kill the bacteria. [benzoyl peroxide works here]
*stop the inflammation. [the ice comes into play here]

---------------------------

In order to fully understand WHY and HOW these 4 treatments work so well together is to dig deep into your HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY BOOK, or read the ACNE CURE by Dr.Terry J Dubrow, MD.

I am a firm believer of this and my skin is looking great this week.

To back me up, as I mentioned, I talked to my DERMATOLOGIST about this and this is the exact METHOD of TREATMENT I will be continuing AFTER my LASER SURGURY is done.

----------------------------

Good luck to all of you. Hope u get cured.

By the way - that book also has a section on how FOOD causing ACNE is a huge MYTH. The statements presented in that chapter are very logical and understanding. I am beginning to believe that FOOD DOESNT CAUSE ACNE. But that is a whole new topic. I have evidence to back it up and much more. Yes, oily and unhealthy foods are bad for overall health, but do not trigger a pimple. Any foods consumed in moderation is ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 03:23 AM   #2

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi aaron,

Hope it works well for you.

But I have to say this, that it is great for them to just say 'don't pop the zits'! We all know its bad for you; well, most of us do. But it's hard to stop doing it, being realistic about it.

What they should tell you is the best way to get rid of that gunk without worsening the problem by driving the stuff deeper or spreading it all over the nearby skin, and being left with scars in the aftermath.

I think it would be better for them to tell you that such and such a loton or gel softens the zit, and makes it easier to get the gunk out. Then use a sterilised pin or something to make a hole out of which it effortlessly seeps out.

Such a thing would make more practical sense to me. Advice from those who don't know what it is like to have zits, is usually impractical, I find.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 05-30-2003, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
It's important not to overdry? How do you use this stuff without overdrying? I can't even use one of those without flaky, crusty, bleeding skin.

Old 05-30-2003, 07:58 AM   #4

Scarface666 HB User
what products are you using then aaron?

Old 05-30-2003, 08:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Those are the 3 most irritating products you can put on your face!Watchout if you have sensitive skin.

Old 05-30-2003, 10:05 AM   #6
Veteran

stasia12 HB User
look-i know you are just trying to help aaron but saying you have the acne cure just cuz someone wrote a book is a little naive . I highly doubt the regimen you describe is a "cure" esp. without the laser, and for people whose acne is caused by dry skin it may make things even worse.

Old 05-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #7
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
DRY SKIN: I have dry skin - all caused my the 15 weeks wasted time using Retin-A. My skin is flakey. This method by far works best if used moderatly.

LASER: The book doesn't say 1 word about LASER. This is just my option and I feel I want to do it on top of this.

MOISTURIZER: Somthing I forgot to mention that the book also mentioned. Always use an oil free moisturizer after the treatment in the morning.

OVER-DRY? : Use these products carefully. And pick PRODUCTS that WONT over-dry. Such as the SALYCILIC ACID - it SAYS on the BOTTLE: "Wont Overdry"

POPPING ZITS: I have not popped them for 1 month. And trust me - I had many huge zits. There is of course times when the PUSS is to the top and the white stuff is just asking to get out. Thats when you slowly 'tap' the puss area ONLY. The key is NOT popping it. Just tapping it and letting it out naturally.

*So, there you have it.
*By the way, that book is for ALL AGES and ALL SKIN TYPES.

-----------------------------

Having said that, here are the PRODUCTS I USE in order:

1- SALYCILIC ACID 2% - Neutrogena Astrigent (won't overdry) comes in Blue liquid bottle.

2- GLYCOLIC ACID - Glemco AhA & Glycolic (cream form)

3- BENZOYL PEROXIDE - Benzimycin Gel (Refridgerator stuff - 5%)

4- MOISTURE - Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture & 15spf.
4- ICE - Ice down the skin before bed.

*Number 4: One in the daytime, and one at night.

*You can even do NUMBER 2 and 3 the same way: One at BEDTIME one in the DAYTIME.

Its all up to the individual. My skin feels great.

Good luck.

Old 05-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #8
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Just because the bottle says it won't overdry doesn't mean it won't. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif A lot of products say they'll get rid of acne and they don't. Same thing lol. What you posted is hardly a cure for most people but I'm glad it's working for you.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #9

aliasfan1981 HB User
Dude. Aaron, you should seriously be a writer for infommercials. You are quite talented.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:20 PM   #10

iwannacookie HB User
some people are allergic to salicylic acid so i don't see how this routine can be good for all acne sufferers. and any derm who says food doesn't play any part in acne i wouldn't respect too much. i'm always wary of doctors who don't consider more natural treatments and always rely on chemicals. i suggest you follow a diet of white breads, chocolate bars, cookies, soft drinks, fried chicken and other highly processed foods with many artificial ingredients for a week and see how your skin looks.
however i do think that a bad diet won't cause acne if you are not prone to acne. i agree, there are many many examples of people with bad diets who have clear skin. just like with stress. i don't think stress causes acne in a person who has skin able to resist bacteria and sebaceous glands in good working order. but from personal experience, i know that stress causes me to break out. and there are physiological studies out there that explain why stress can exacerbate acne. anyhow i think the confusion over the subject of food and acne is brought about by the question, does food cause acne? my answer is that it obviously doesn't cause acne but exacerbates it in people w/acne prone skin. but with the common notion of "you are what you eat" i believe the rate of acne is higher than in the past especially in women. probably this is due the use of hormones and antibiotics and all sorts of easy way out farming practices.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #11
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
FOOD AND ACNE = UNRELATED. (my opinion).

Personally, I have NEVER seen a connection with FOOD and ACNE.

I have gone periods of just eating JUNK FOODS, WHITE BREADS, FLOUR, ALCOHOL, and CANDY.

During those periods, I didn't think about my skin at all. I have pictures from those months - and my skin was SUPER CLEAN.

Heck - I never washed my face.

Yes, there could be 1 specific food that might target an allergic reaction - BUT - an allegic reaction and PIMPLE are totally DIFFERENT>>>>

----------------------

As for ALLERGIES to Salicylic Acid? Well, chances are you aren't allergic to it. Very very few caes have been reported on this subject.

So yes, there will be 5 or 6 people out of 100 who try my method and FAIL - but will still see SOME results.

Of course, if no results - thats when ACCUTANE comes into play.

REMEMBER - on the top of my post - I said this method is only for MODERATE ACNE. Not the uncurable cystic which requires ACCUTANE.

Its all up to the individual. 90 out of 100 people would agree that the given treatments I mentionedd work. How well? It is up to the individual.

Thats my take.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User
Hey Aaron,
Have you noticed if you have a breakout cycle?

Some people have clearer skin during certain times of the season than during others. I myself have a 8-9 month breakout period beggining July/August - April. Other people notice that their skin gets worse in the Summer, whereas mine was always at it's best.

Since changing my diet, I've gone through my first Breakout period in 10 years with the clearest skin I've ever had. That's pretty sad, especially considering that NO amount of Birth Control, Spironolactone, or Avandia (insulin controlling drug) helped me during those times.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:22 PM   #13
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
I definately have a BREAKOUT cycle.

When I get pimples, I get attacked. They come in bunches, hence, cycles.

It doesn't matter what you eat or not.

----------------------------------------

SUMMERTIME is the best time for me.

WINTER is horrbile.

-----------------------------------------

Thats why Im gonna do this LASER once and for all.

-------------------------

Once again, because I think I get this acne in cycles, I know that FOOD doesn't play a role what so ever.

The only cure - FOR ME - is do the LASER and follow the above treatment - and I should be clear.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:27 PM   #14
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User
The natural doctor said acne was related to food and you believed him for a day. Now "The Acne Cure" says that acne is NOT related to acne and you believe it. Are you going to make up your mind?

Old 05-30-2003, 05:36 PM   #15

Lindy323 HB User
As far as the ice goes, it does not open pores, it closes them. This is what my doctor says. Maybe you were told to ice after putting the meds on to hold it in the pores? What do you think?

Closed Thread