It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
(male)

blackHead8 HB User
my problem any and all leave insight

Im a 26 year old male who is going through a living nightmare..for the past 2 months i been living with bad acne..not sure if its just severe or even cystic soo im going to break it down for you..ive broken out mostly over my forhead not so much my forhead more along the sides of my face the temple areas and in a lil bit on my cheeks..ever since i broke out theyve grown in clusters ill start to get one and then two more will string onlong side it on big one and then a few medium sized ones ...the big ones are big..sometimes it feels like theres two or 3 clustered together to create one huge one

and of course i have the scars i zit break out wouldnt be complete without scars (blah)...also the times ive applied creams my skin hurts ..like some of these zits looked like knotts at times ...ive tryed a whole bunch of creams and some of them work periodically then i blow up again ....

..at this point the scars look like burn marks ...
and for the most part ive been able to keep the lumps at bay by applying honey mixed with apple cidar vinegar..whats weird about it those is that there are some areas where the lumps are completely gone but in there place the skin is light..im brown skinned and the marks almost look white.but there not zits just marks ....

im sorry this is soo long its just that for the longest time i havent had anything like this happen the last time i had acne issues was when i was in high school and they werent as bad as this ..i actually went to a dermatologist back then and he proscribed this medicationg i cant rember it began with a "thy" and came in a green capsule i rember taken it for a few months and then for the next 8 years had clear skin across the board

..there was the occasional break out very very mild one zit or two that was it ...then i go to LA and i break out like this during the summer season then all of a sudden as summers dying down the acne starts to clear up and the scars lighten up ..i figured it would only be a one time deal but wrong ..this blew up again..and im waiting for my assurance clearance to go through so i can go see a doc once again but until then i gotta live with this travesty ....if theres anyone who can help me out aleveiate this issue in the mean time im all ears

<edited: removed cuss word.>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
(male)

guy in AU HB User
Re: my problem any and all leave insite

Have you seen a doctor? There are some prescription products that can be extremely effective...... but they dont work overnight, you have to be patient, and wait for the results to fully appear.

In the short term, you should wash your face twice a day with a mild detergent clenser (Dove is mild and dirt cheap.... give that a try). Dry it, then apply a 5% benzoyl peroxide product all over, forhead, nose, cheks, chin... do this twice a day, every day.

Your skin will probably be a bit dry and red in the early stages..... apply a light moisturiser to help sooth the sore dry areas, and if need be, reduce use to once a day for a few days.

Closed Thread