It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2003, 04:02 PM   #1

needanswers25 HB User
Question B5 or coenzyme A??

Ok what I have learned by reading sites about B5 is that people with acne have a problem synthesizing B5 into coenzyme A. Now it is coenzyme A that our bodies use to break down fatty acids. So Iím wondering if I could take a coenzyme A supplement instead of mega dosing on B5. I searched for a coenzyme A supplement and found it was harder to find than B5 supplements however I did find one. If anyone has taken the coenzyme A supplement or knows that the chemistry behind it would or would not work please let me know. I thought others might like to know about this new possible treatment for acne also, so anyone who tries it keep us up to date.

Old 10-13-2003, 08:15 AM   #2

velo HB User
I have not seen any literature that claims the human body has a hard time converting B5 into coenzyme A. Anyway, in answer to your question, it would be very unwise to take coenzyme A as an alternative. Unlike B5, coenzyme A is a fat soluable vitamin which is extremely toxic if taken at the levels necessary to fight acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 05:37 PM   #3

needanswers25 HB User
Thank you for your reply. I didnt know it was not water soluble, which is a very important thing to know. From what I read people with acne have a genetic problem that causes our bodies to not convert b5 into enough coenzyme A for hormone production and to convert fatty acids. Where I read this was on a b5 vendors site, it was actually linked from this board(the advertisments at the top of the page)... I'm not sure if it is accurate info or not but in either case I think it would be more wise to take high levels of b5 rather than coenzyme A.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
(female)

SouthernTemptress HB User
If you take Coenzyme A you probably only need very low levels. Since your body will not even be able to probably convert all B5 to coenzyme A which is why you need a higher dosage. I was taking Coenzyme A but only for a few days. I don't like taking strange supplements and I felt a little weak so I stopped. Since they say your body cannot convert B5 to coenzyme A, who's to say the B5 you even take will be converted? What's missing that helps in the conversion process?

Old 10-16-2003, 09:26 PM   #5

mal o'nine HB User
Have you google'd Dr. Lit-Hung Leung? he's done research on B5 and acne and gets into the bio-chem of it all...the amino acid cystine plays a big part in it all.

Closed Thread