It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2003, 01:31 PM   #1

dance4calif HB User
Red face WHY AM I ALL OF A SUDDEN GETTING PIMPLES ON MY NECK

Can anyone help me here?

I never break out on my neck and all of a sudden I have a lot of little pimples all over my neck. I bought some new cheaper shampoo and I am wondering if that is causing me to break out. I stopped using the shampoo about a week ago and they are still there.

Could the shampoo have been the cause? If so, why are they still there?

Old 10-15-2003, 06:53 PM   #2

Geek_USA HB User
It could very well be the shampoo, it may not however. Most likely its simple your hormones, and there is not much you can do about it. Sure there are medications here and there, but none will take it completely away, if its hormonal, or at least from experience.

They most likely will spread a little and get bigger, to warn you. Just shower regularly, and they will go down a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2003, 06:36 AM   #3

az03 HB User
it most likely is hormonal, however, you can take action, in order to reduce the size and quantity of the pimples. try using neutrogena acne wash (either for the face or body) on your neck. it really does help to minimize break-outs, and i highly recommend that you try it.
you will notice that your pimples will begin to dry after the first use. soon enough, they will begin to fade completely.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:12 AM   #4
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
I find this post interesting, cos I used to never get acne on my neck, but as soon as I used topicals on my face, my neck broke out!!!! And I noticed this many, many times that I tried a new topical on my face - my face cleared up a lot, but my neck just produced the acne!!!!!!! Very weird, it's as if my body can't live without acne somewhere.

C YA!!
AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 10-16-2003, 07:55 AM   #5

rolandk HB User
i have had this same problem...it wasnt until i was about 28 which was two years ago that i started breaking out on my neck...i never had any problems before then ...but i am still trying to find a solution for myself..having tried many different approaches.. i still get bad irriation and breakouts on a weekly basis. i equate my problem to shaving though and have switched to using the aveeno thera shave gel that has seemingly gotten pretty good reviews from no here...i also put hydrocortizone on any inflamed or red areas about twice throughout the day and it seems to calm redness..i have stopped using any kind of acne cream or wash because they have done nothing but irrated my skin more

Old 10-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #6

az03 HB User
i also began developing acne on my neck and jaw-line, once i started using retin-a. it has began to clear within the last week, as i have been using retin-a now for about one month. it does seem strange that upon beginning a topical antibiotic regime, the pimples began coming out around this area -- whereas before, i never had any problems there. i suppose that the medicaion saturates into the skin into this region, so this area may be developing an intial break-out, along with my face.
hopefully, we can all alleviate this problem.

neutrogena acne wash has helped me

Old 10-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #7

dance4calif HB User
Accutane Avenger

I just started using topicals about the same time I started to break out on my neck. I wonder if this could be related since you also have experienced the same thing. My face is clear but my neck is not.
Go figure.

Old 10-17-2003, 08:00 AM   #8
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
danceforcalif,

Yes, I bet there is a connection. I am 100% sure there is a connection with me, cos I NEVER got acne on my neck until I use facial treatments. This has happened over and over again. I still can't work out why, cos it's not as if sebum is travelling all around the body and will just find a spot to break out no matter what. Very puzzling.

AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Closed Thread