It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
(male)

anadrom HB User
Dangers of Minocycline

I recently determined that I likely have a genetic disorder known as hemochromatosis. I was taking minocycline for acne for about three years off-and-on. A pharmacogenetic reaction recently caused me acute hepatitis and severe rheumatoid arthritis-like symptoms. I really don't want to discuss my condition at all, I am just writing to warn others to ask their doctors about the possible dangers of this drug, and all drugs, really. I am also wondering what my rights are and whether or not I have a case against my HMO who never warned me of any danger. There was another post on this forum from someone who had the exact same problem as me and mentioned having filed a lawsuit. Unfortunately, I have no way to contact this person because PMs are disabled and there is a rule to not "bump" old threads.

Here is the link to the aforementioned post: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1434932&postcount=6

Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Dangers of Minocycline

I'am so sorry to hear about what has happened to you! I was on Minocycline for about 3 months.It did make me feel very dizzy and tired,and I got a few marks that look like a bruise except they NEVER faded and I have had them for two years now.(I read online it is from a build up of the minocycline in my body which caused this~weird)
The Minocycline really cleared up my acne,but antibiotics like this can have some serious side effects most people don't really know about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread