It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Is this cystic acne?

I guess this may seem like a silly question... but I've been getting these red bumps recently. I have pretty clear skin for the most part, but do get occasional pimples. But recently, I've been getting these red bumps!!! They're not pimples, but they're not as achy as cystic acne. But what else can they be? They never turn in to a white head, but since I pick at it (bad I know) they leave a dark discoloration :-/. And they seem to have memory cause I get them in the same spots (or so it seems!): cheeks/ closer to the nose, chin, and sometimes jawline. Sounds like cystic right? But again, it doesn't hurt!!! Just a red, ugly bump

Can anyone help?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
(female)

wishful006 HB User
Re: Is this cystic acne?

I know exactly what you mean. The bumps that I have are really small red bumps almost clustered together under my chin. I picked at some of them thinking that they would go away faster, and now the skin is dark red and dry. I think that this is hormonal, were you approaching your period when this started happening? Are you on birth control pills? My doctor told me that any lower face acne activity is more than likely hormonal. I am dealing with this also and have not found out how to control it yet, because it doesnt seem to be responding to the benzaclin gel that works for every other part of my face. Cystic acne is the hard bump like acne that forms under the skin but never really come to surface. I feel that what you have not cystic acne but is similar to mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

I remember reading that too about the acne along the jawline and chin being hormonal. But then someone told me that all acne is ultimately hormonal! But I am on BC so maybe it is that...

I have had the cystic acne where it is hard for about the size of a nickle! But these aren't that big. It's like a premature pimple because it never turns into a whitehead!!! It's really annoying because I don't know how to treat it!! :-/

Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
(female)

wishful006 HB User

I am in the same boat with that. I am currently using benzaclin gel, but it doesnt seem to respond to the hormonal chin acne/bumps. How long does it take for the red marks after the acne clears to go away for you? I am on BC too (trinessa). I wish that this would stop, its effected me emotionally to the point where I have not left the house for 3 days.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Have you tried ZENO yet? They have this new Zeno called Hot Spot which is only like 30 dollars (but it's disposable,only last about 60 treatments).Anyways,Zeno works pretty well for those annoying pimples that don't seem to want to come to a head.It either makes them come to a head or makes them disappear.Helps with the "achiness"of the pimple too.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 04-22-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hey. I actually bought the Zeno Hot Spot the day I post the message. I tried it several times on that one specific 'bump in question' and it didn't really help it . I tried it on another smaller one and it worked better on it. It's $40 and can do 80 applications, but I think I'm going to return it. I get the same results from the Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Treatment that comes in the silver and purple tube. If I use THAT the day of, it calms down a bit. But the Zeno... gotta say I wasn't too impressed. And it didn't eliminate the achy!! I'll wait for another bump (not that I'm holding my breath for one!) and try it out again.

Thanks for the recomendation tho.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

How many times did you use it on the pimple? Sometimes it takes two or three times per pimple.Often times with myself I only need it once though (depending on the pimple)
Sorry it didn't help,but it is one of those things that's either hit or miss for people.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
(male)

Revive HB User

so is there possible to eliminate the scar formed after the appearance of acne? Or there is only prevention. Once the scar is formed and that's it...

Old 05-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
(female)

rachelmarie9009 HB User

i think i might have the same thing you have, but i just get them on my jawline. the only thing is it seem like they wont go away. i dont know what it is.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #10
(female)

99onstep HB User

hey guys I had similar acne cystic, unpoppable, red., and really annoying

I started taking Apple cider vinegar and applying it topically too.. they as sooooooooooooo much better now.

last night i added B5, Zinc and Vit C to my supplements and its even more better.. I m taking high doses of all because I am so sick of this and I ve had all sort of medications including accutane in the past- but got this. I cant go on birth control right now- or afford anything expensive. ALso cut out dairy from my diet, diet coke(Aspartame is a cystic acne flareeer), cheese( i used to live on cheese) .............. anything to have a clear skin, dear God, why us, its so depressing.

I m thinking of adding biotin soon-- about next week.

HTH try it and let me know...

Closed Thread