It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
(female)

Charlottef23 HB User
Does having sex or sexual activity cause cysts or am I just getting paranoid now?

I recently started getting cysts on my forehead and they donít have heads on them and take ages to go down, they hurt and are unsightly.

I came off the pill and then noticed the lumps appearing. I am crying all the time because I hate how they look and what they are doing to me.

My question is when I have sex I get a cyst appearing a couple of days later is this causing them?

I am cutting out anything with sweeteners in as I was advised by a nutritionist after some tests my body rejects to them.

If I cut out dairy products could that stop it?

I am all over the place and so is this thread so I apologise I just donít know where to start or what to do.

What if I cant have sex anymore because I will just keep getting cysts on my head?

People say if you get them on your chin they are hormonal is this true?? If so, what does it mean with the ones on your head?? I mean I came off the pill and since then have had these b****rds!!

I am on spirocyclone (not sure how you spell it) 25mg have only been taking it for 1 week no improvement so far as I have had 2 more since but have also come on my period.

I have a dermatologist booked for the 10th May and a follow up with my doctor for the Spiro tablets.

Any feedback would be great I am getting really depressed about this even though I try to hide that it is bothering me from everyone.

I am also going to get checked for PCOS (polycystic ovaries) but am awaiting a scan date.

Thanks guys xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Does having sex or sexual activity cause cysts or am I just getting paranoid now?

Hi,I'm sorry you are having a hard time.I don't think it's having sex that is giving you acne though.

Cysts can be hormonal in women,and I would bet coming off the pill has alot to do with it.A lot of women go on the pill to stabilize hormones and get rid of acne.

Maybe your body is just readjusting to not having the pill, and once it is done your cysts will stop coming.It can take MONTHS for hormones to stabilize. Or,you could always try going back on the pill and see what happens.
If you don't want to go back on it and keep getting the cysts,perhaps a dermatologist could help you.

Closed Thread