It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

samantha gamble HB User
Just started Nizoral cream and shampoo - advice please

Hey, I've been suffering with spotty skin since my 30's, and yes its seems to have got worse since my pigment white patches appeared on my face (forehead)! Apparently its some kind of skin fungus, which can be treated... great!! However, my skin has the varying breakouts, but since starting the nizoral cream and shampoo it seems to have got a lot worse, its really getting me down, i only started this on Thursday and its fresh spots every day. Has anyone else out there suffered the same and are the results positive, I read somewhere that there could be a link with fungal skin and acne?? HELP!!

Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Just started Nizoral cream and shampoo - advice please

Are you using the shampoo on your face? I tried that once before because I read on a forum it may help acne,and it made my face a lot worse too,just like what you are experiencing.It also dried it out and irritated it really bad.

If you look up nizoral shampoo,one of the possible side effects is pimples.
Did a dermatologist prescribe you the cream? Perhaps tell him/her it is making the problem much worse and see what they tell you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

Beccah HB User
Re: Just started Nizoral cream and shampoo - advice please

Same here. I've been using Nizoral shampoo for decades for scalp seborrhea/dandruff. I also have seborrhea of the face, and for a while I was either putting the shampoo on my face or using Nizoral cream on it. I finally figured out after years of aggravation of my facial acne, unresponsive to salicylic acid/alcohol, benzoyl peroxide, retin-A, and systemic antibiotics, that it was the Nizoral on the face that was causing the exacerbation.

I finally saw a dermatologist, who prescribed sodium sulfacetamide lotion for both the acne and the facial seborrhea, and I cut back to the nonprescription strength of the Nizoral shampoo (and increased the frequency of use) and quit putting it on my face. Voila, my facial acne is finally under control at 51 years old.

Of course, this solution is no good for anyone who is allergic to sulfa.

Beccah

Reply Reply