It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

soni84 HB User
acne and weight gain

i got acne after the birth of my baby.i am gaining weight rapidly without eating much.i have also missing periods this problem is solved now after mediation.what should i do my skin is so rough and full of black and white heads pimples.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: acne and weight gain

Pregnancy can effect thyroid hormone levels.It is possible that your body will readjust on it's own,but You may want to have your thyroid checked for Hypothyroidism.Hypothyroidism can cause weight gain even though you are barely eating,bad skin,feeling cold and tired all the time.

Are you taking birth control pills? It's possible they are adding to the weight gain if you are,but it also may help with your acne and balance hormones.
Pregnancy is hard on your body and your hormones.It takes a while for things to get back to normal after wards.Hang in there!

Last edited by WhenItRains; 06-04-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: add something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

soni84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItRains View Post
Pregnancy can effect thyroid hormone levels.It is possible that your body will readjust on it's own,but You may want to have your thyroid checked for Hypothyroidism.Hypothyroidism can cause weight gain even though you are barely eating,bad skin,feeling cold and tired all the time.

Are you taking birth control pills? It's possible they are adding to the weight gain if you are,but it also may help with your acne and balance hormones.
Pregnancy is hard on your body and your hormones.It takes a while for things to get back to normal after wards.Hang in there!
i am not taking birth control pills.i never used to take any kind of that stuff.i just started now a supplement of mutivitamins with iodine also.can i take it or i should test my thyriods first.is it useful?how can i stop my acne it is getting worse now.my facial hair are also increasing.plzzzz help me.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Taking a multi-vitamin with iodine is fine,and shouldn't effect your thyroid test.
Birth control may actually help with facial hair and Acne by regulating hormones.Yaz and Yasmin especially.If you don't want to be on a birth control pill,you could ask your doctor about Spironolactone.
Have you tried any over the counter products? Benzoyl peroxide? Salicylic acid?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
(female)

Mandy321 HB User

Definitely sounds to me like excess Testosterone. Yes, even us females have some T, not that you really have an excess but you are converting testosterone to DyHydroTestosterone, DHT. I've suffered with terrible acne/oily skin and now the hair growth since my teen years. No one ever told me about the hormone connection...just gave me antibiotics (for years on end) and a round of accutane. It wasn't until I started really looking into hormone issues (I'm 42) that I realized what had been happening in my body!

Like the above poster mentioned Spironolactone is used in women to stop the conversion of Testosterone to DHT which causes oily skin/acne/unwanted hair growth and even hair loss in women. Check it out. There is alot of info about it as a treatment for acne. Oh and yes I've tried it and I couldn't believe how it cleared me up!

Good Luck

Last edited by moderator2; 06-04-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 06-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
(female)

soni84 HB User

Quote:
Taking a multi-vitamin with iodine is fine,and shouldn't effect your thyroid test.
Birth control may actually help with facial hair and Acne by regulating hormones.Yaz and Yasmin especially.If you don't want to be on a birth control pill,you could ask your doctor about Spironolactone.
Have you tried any over the counter products? Benzoyl peroxide? Salicylic acid?
i have tried a lot of these products but i think they are not working i think they can't work if there is a problem inside.what u say?i will ask abut spironolactone.thanks for the info....how the birth control pills effect my hormones will u explain plz?

Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

The products work,you just have to use them all the time and they don't get to the cause of the problem (the inside)

Birth control effects hormones by regulating them.Hormones fluctuate up and down normally,and birth control keeps them pretty steady.
Many women will get acne before their periods because of hormones spiking right before.If you are on birth control,this happens less drastically so you may not break out or if you do it won't be as severe.
Some women are sensitive to the hormone testosterone, (male hormone we all have small traces of) and that causes acne too.Birth control pills cut testosterone down so it cannot have negative effects like acne,and facial hair growth.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
(female)

soni84 HB User
Unhappy Re: acne and weight gain

Quote:
The products work,you just have to use them all the time and they don't get to the cause of the problem (the inside)

Birth control effects hormones by regulating them.Hormones fluctuate up and down normally,and birth control keeps them pretty steady.
Many women will get acne before their periods because of hormones spiking right before.If you are on birth control,this happens less drastically so you may not break out or if you do it won't be as severe.
Some women are sensitive to the hormone testosterone, (male hormone we all have small traces of) and that causes acne too.Birth control pills cut testosterone down so it cannot have negative effects like acne,and facial hair growth.
hello.............does another pregnancy can help to regulate these problems or i should solve these problems and then try to get pregnant again.is it safe to get pregnant with this hormonal imbalance?when i was pregnant even after few months of my child birth i feel my skin very beautiful and clean than ever before then what did happen i dont know....i am using apple cider vinegar these days it is doing well beter than others.usually i try to avoid the medecines..but soon i will go for my thyriod test then for other medication..

Closed Thread