It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
(male)

aking19 HB User
Unhappy DEEP blackheads and oily skin

I have many blackheads on my nose and around my nose as well. I have tried almost every possible scrub, lotion, toner, mask...nothing seems to get rid of them. I fell like I must wash with sandpaper!!!! Is their an alternative to clearing these pesty things besides squeezing them out!? Also...my blackheads are making my face and forehead quite oily...what can I do for oily skin?

Old 10-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User
Re: DEEP blackheads and oily skin

I use to have lots of blackheads also because my pores are large but it takes more than just washing. You need to wash your face and then I use a salicilic (sp?) acid toner, this really helps to clean out the pore the best and also exfoliates. You MUST exfoliate some how for this to get better. I use glycolic acid creams a few times a week and this will help shed the dirt and skin. Lots of moisturizers would break me out, so I hated them and use to keep my face dry but that made it worse. If you have oily skin and you try to keep it from being oily then it's going to produce even more oil to compensate. So, the best thing to do is to moisturize with something that is made for people with oily skin. I use all natural jojoba oil the whole foods store, it's the only oil that is the closest to your own natural oil on your face and it doesn't cause break outs for acne prone skin. I put this on at night and also a tiny amount in the morning after doing an aspirin mask and washing my face since the aspirin mask tends to dry it out alot. After a few weeks, with the glycolic acid cream I noticed my blackheads were going away, I still get some on my nose because of makeup and such but not at all like the tons I had on my cheek area. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

Not only do you need to exfoliate you also need to keep your hands clean and off your face. I have done the opposite of what luvmakeup1000 does. I use the clean and clear for blackheads first and then I wash gently with a mild soap and water. Pat dry. Be careful with the moisturizer if you are even going to use one. There is also a blackhead remover you can buy at the store but I am afraid this may cause scarring. If your acne is red and inflamed you may have to go to a dermatologist. Sincerely, searchin

Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

punkmarkgirl HB User

Great advice from luvmakeup1000. All these people who say that very little cleansing will improve blackheads and acne, they are wrong. I've fought with acne and blackheads since I was 12 years old, and exfoliation is one of the only things that has ever worked. When I don't exfoliate daily, my pores get SO clogged.

You can use a microderm scrub once weekly (the Dr. Brandt product line has a great one), and a regular apricot scrub daily. Always apply toner after exfoliating, because pores will be open and ready for treatment. My favorite toner is Proactiv because it PH balances your skin so it doesn't get too dry or too oily. You can spot treat the areas with severe breakouts or blackheads with a product called Acne Stop. This is a Salicylic Acid/Lactic acid blend that dissolves most blackheads in 24 hours. You can actually see them turn to a more pale color when the Acne Stop is applied, and then you can gently squeeze them out. Just make sure to wash hands before removing blackheads, and dip fingernails in rubbing alcohol to kill any bacteria that could spread. The Acne Stop is very powerful though, so just use it once every 4 days to test your tolerance to it. You can get this at a website called Skin Obsession.

To help prevent blackheads in the first place, use a powder primer under your makeup. Try one called Mattify! Ultra - it soaks up skin oil, and prevents makeup from seeping into pores and causing more blackheads. You can find this at a website called Mattify! Cosmetics. I've used the above routine for about 4 months, and it has really helped clear my pores. I have about 80% fewer blackheads and breakouts since following this routine. Hope it helps you out!

Oh almost forgot to mention - there is a good mask to try too, called Decongestant Mask from a site called Makeup Artists Choice. It's a thin, green gel mask that does a great job of purging pores. I know you said you've tried tons of masks, but this is one of the only effective ones I've ever found. Exfoliate first, rinse with very warm water, pat dry and immediately apply the mask while pores are still open. After removing the mask, exfoliate again and you will see that many blackheads have been removed.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

get a facial from a good esthetician

Closed Thread