It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

thapooze77 HB User
Red face HELP PLEASE!! acne on chin and cheeks!!

ive never had a problem with breakouts previously!! then in the last year i started to get breakouts on my cheeks and then recently around my mouth and chin area...as well as still on my cheeks!!

i recently went to a dermatologist who put me on clindoxyl gel during the day, and differin xp gel at night!!

ive been on these 2 medicines for 3 weeks now, and my skin is soo dry its burning! it hurts so bad and its itchy and red and its also made all the skin on my neck so dry and itchy, and my ears as well!! i have to put moisturizer (cetaphil) on my skin 6 times a day to avoid scratching!!

everytime i feel like the product is helping my acne, it starts to get worse again!! and with the redness, and irritation, i would rather have acne!!

im 22 and i used to model, and now i cant leave my house because im so self conscious of how i look!! it has me so down and depressed and i dont know what to do? someone please help!!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

nonan47 HB Usernonan47 HB User
Re: HELP PLEASE!! acne on chin and cheeks!!

77 I challenge you to try something. Everyone on these boards have been so helpful to me and I thought this morning I need to do some giving. Well years ago I found a remedy for acne in the Bible and it worked and here goes. Every morning wash your face and afterward apply about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Olive Oil, just enough to give a very thin coat of oil. Now do this for three weeks or at least two if you get tired with it. The first week or two your skin is going to expell is the only word I can figure out, or cast out debris and crud. You will notice a bunch of eruptions but it is just your skin expelling. Then on the third week your skin should look like a babies. I started doing this at 30 and am now 63 and still do it. People are estounded that I am 63. They say "no way", but my skin is still beautiful and without scars. Olive oil is the thinnest textured oil there is and will seep down under debris and wax in your pores and push out the junk. A girl I worked with once really had problems and I kept telling her about it. Eventually she tried it for 2 weeks and then gave up shortly afterward she was back using the Olive Oil I asked why. She said once I quit using it my face began to look like a pizza again.

Last edited by nonan47; 11-04-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: 11/4/10 Decided a picture is worth a thousand words, today I included a picture of myself as evidence. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to nonan47 For This Useful Post:
sjb (10-26-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

apalackyy HB User

I have the same problem! I started Retin-A a few months ago, and I always forget how awful my skin was before I started. The thing about acne is that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to pinpoint the core problem, because as we know, acne is a symptom, not the main problem. I was told by a dermatologist that acne on your chin and jawline is strictly hormonal. So what I would suggest to you is to take a teen multivitamin, zinc, and bromelain. You should also avoid the gels that derms prescribe for you because acne needs to be babied, not bombarded with harsh chemicals. You should also make sure that you use a gentle facial cleanser, like Cetaphil, that is Ph balanced. AVOID CREAM MOISTURIZERS! Use a gel moisturizer. Remember that topical things will only get you so far, you have to begin internally (:

The Following User Says Thank You to apalackyy For This Useful Post:
nonan47 (10-26-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thapooze77 View Post
ive never had a problem with breakouts previously!! then in the last year i started to get breakouts on my cheeks and then recently around my mouth and chin area...as well as still on my cheeks!!

i recently went to a dermatologist who put me on clindoxyl gel during the day, and differin xp gel at night!!

ive been on these 2 medicines for 3 weeks now, and my skin is soo dry its burning! it hurts so bad and its itchy and red and its also made all the skin on my neck so dry and itchy, and my ears as well!! i have to put moisturizer (cetaphil) on my skin 6 times a day to avoid scratching!!

A different dermatologist might be consulted or at least a phone call to the one you have to say it is worse. I know someone who uses only natural herbal type soap bars and natural shampoo because most of the usual ones in the grocery store contain fragrances and other substances that cause dryness and rashes. I also tend to agree that what nonan47 said might help. Please let us know how it goes. I hope this contributes to your quality of life have a nice day!

everytime i feel like the product is helping my acne, it starts to get worse again!! and with the redness, and irritation, i would rather have acne!!

im 22 and i used to model, and now i cant leave my house because im so self conscious of how i look!! it has me so down and depressed and i dont know what to do? someone please help!!

Last edited by sjb; 10-26-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: color problem typo at post

Old 10-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Jimmycolleen HB User

Hi,

Acne can dent your self esteem, but you should realize that acne is a natural part of growing up. Acne is caused when the pores on the face get clogged with dirt and gets infected by bacteria. To get rid of acne it is important that you keep your skin clean and oil free. Remember to exfoliate your skin regularly. Use a walnut or apricot scrub. Use warm water while exfoliating and use cold water to rinse it off. You can then apply your acne cream. Also wash your face with anti-bacterial soap every three hours or so.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Old 11-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Is your acne better? Did you try anything different?

Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
(female)

nonan47 HB Usernonan47 HB User

Hi,
I am not sure how this works but I had the remedy from the Bible and included my picture as an illustration. I am 63 now and have not had acne since I was 30. My skin is beautiful and I just wanted to share my secret to anyone that might want to try it.
I am nonan47.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Try applying 5% benzoyl peroxide at bedtime, and Nutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Lotion in the morning.

Clense with Dove or Cetaphil before using them

Old 11-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
(female)

Canpharm1 HB User

I agree that acne is part of growing up. I use to have an acne too during my teen days. Just avoid to eat fatty, acid and oily food and use mild soap for your face.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
(female)

TraceC HB User

This may upset you but i am 24 have had issues with acne since i was going threw puberty in a bad break out i can get it all over my face neck down my back and have even had it on my upper thighs. I went to see a specilist and have been on many treatments like yourself if anything i found they burnt my skin i wasnt allowed in direct sunlight for some and the end result is i still had acne. These days i dont use any treatments at all including not puttting mousteriser on my skin (all these treatments have chemicals that will damage your skin more and make it inflame more). My skin is better then it has ever been although i still get break outs it never bothers me much anymore.I even got asked by a women in a beauty course what products i was using to make my skin look so healthy she didnt believe me when i said nothing and yes i dont even moisturise. I do think something that would be positive is go to a self esteem class when i did this myself it helped me accept that its who i am and move forward with my life.To help you out i have a loving partner to whom ill marry next year and beautiful daughter so life can be great with or with out acne and always remember beauty comes from the heart and soul not whats on the outside

Old 11-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Hi there, Cabbage and salt have chloride ions in them, known to be helpful for germ control but I would not use excessive amounts either. Avoiding extra fats and oils helped some people also.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
(female)

girlcutdeep HB User
Talking Re: HELP PLEASE!! acne on chin and cheeks!!

Don't be affraid to tell your dermatologist that what they suggested IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU. There are so many different gels and cleansers to try. Sometimes they may seem like they work but your body can get used to anything, so it can stop working.

I know the doctors tell you it can take a month or two for a topical gel to work, but i personally thing one month is plenty to see. If your face has not improved at all, or very little, and you now have worse reactions to to the product it's time to try something else. the gel is not going to make your acne disappear forever, you'll have to keep taking it, so find one that doesn't hurt your face so much.

I'm suprised that differin gel irritates your skin so much. When i used it i didn't get such an irritating reaction.

If your acne is not severe these are my suggestions**

Nozema products are often good for moisturizing and cleaning, you can fine face wipes and cremes. i used these when i was young and they're great. they have Salicylic Acid in them. i would also suggest using this other than cetaphil, but supposedly cetaphil is great(i personally only used it once, itfeels much to oily for me).

Biore (revitalize 4 in 1 self-foaming cleanser) and other Biore items have irritated my skin less than any other(oxy-clean and clear etc.) drug store option has.
If your acne is at a severe level i suggest this**

Proactiv step one face wash(cheap in mass online) is a great face wash
also the proactive tea lotion feels nice but this stuff is pricey.

Rezamid products
and Glytone products are different but also leading brands for acne control.

other gels are Benzamycin gel Stievamycin(a canadian retin a micro)

foods that cause break outs
diary-milk
and foods with iodides like salt and salty things(seaweed) a lot of seafood has iodides, and meets heres a link to a small list of some iodide high foods
< edited >

(note that oral antibiotics can help but it's proven that your body becomes immune after 6 months, not only that but it normally takes at least a month or two to see any improvement)

I hope this helped!

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-17-2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread