It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2001, 03:10 PM   #1

Morgan HB User
*Oral Clindamycin For Acne*

I was wondering if Clindamycin has any beneficial effects on acne. If there are any users or people with any thoughts on this subject, their response would be much appreciated.
Thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2001, 05:34 PM   #2

Infinity HB User
Re: *Oral Clindamycin For Acne*

...<p>[This message has been edited by Infinity (edited 06-21-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2001, 05:36 PM   #3

Infinity HB User

I know that sometimes, the topical Clindamycin absorbs through the skin and causes major internal problems.. Are you really taking it orally?

--=Infinity

Old 06-21-2001, 07:37 PM   #4

C. Falcon HB User

NO!!!!!NO!!!!! NOOOOOOO! Please don't take oral Clindamycin, I took it for only 10 days last summer and almost died from doing so. On the 8th. day I had a little diarrhea and by the 10th. day it was so bad I couldn't eat ANYTHING at all not even a cracker without it running through me like water, on the 5th.day I wound up in the ER and was diagnosed with antibiootic associated diarrhea or (C Diff) I was passing blood and mucus both and was severely dehydrated. On the 12th day I was back in the ER for another IV. This severe diarrhea lasted 13 days but took almost 3 months to get completely over. Clindamycin has a very high incidence of this side effect and belive me it is NOT worth it. People have died from this type of diarrhea.You might be one of the lucky ones and not have this side effect but it is not worth taking that chance in my opinion. This is not your run of the mill upset stomach and diarrhea, this kind is a killer. Good luck to you if you decide to try it.

Closed Thread