It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2001, 09:17 PM   #1

Kimberly617 HB User
adult acne

ok. I am 29 and I have never really had breakouts like what I have been having. I got married in September and it seems that since me and my husband got together it just seems to get worse and worse. I decided to go to Origins today. I spent about 96.00 for a full regimen. Do you know anything about Origins? I thought that I would try this before having to go to a dermatologist. I like the origins so far but tonight was the first night. The lady said that it will take about a week to see any results. I just want it to clear up and also it is scaring and that is bad. I feel ugly and really self conscience about it. I deal with a lot of people during the day due to my work. It just makes me feel really ugly. also don't know what make-up to use. was using almay, but not sure now. any suggestions? thanks

Old 01-24-2001, 09:50 PM   #2

kara HB User
Re: adult acne

i think almay is a good choice just make sure that you are using oil-free

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2001, 10:30 PM   #3

Aryiel HB User

Hey,

If you spend a little bit more Prescriptives(Major department stores) does custom -blending so you can get a foundation(light->heavy coverage)that matches you skin tone.
You'll need a powder too.

When my acne got horrendous I started using Linda Seidel. It's for people recovering from surgeries,or if you have scars, burns, birthmarks.
This one gives total cover or spot coverage, and it looks like natural beautiful unblemished skin if you apply it right.
The funny thing is that I wear it everyday, and people go :"You have flawless skin"(Yeah right). Only I, my boyfriend, and my family know the hideous truth;but, it's just so weird that people think I have beautiful skin.
Anyway, after a day of compliments, removing my make-up at night always kicks me back into reality.

Old 01-24-2001, 11:04 PM   #4

AngelaMDarling HB User

The other bad thing about wearing flawless coverup is that you trick yourself into believing that your acne is under control or gone. Yea, that is soo true. Often people forget that underneath the layers of paint (lol) there is still a problem thats screaming to be fixed. Also, the makeup you just described would be a haven for me, because I do not have many pimples, just marks. Marks look worse than pimples. The thing about that makeup that would freak me a lil is that what if one day someone who thinks Im flawless sees my bare face. It can happen all the time. Well, thatd suck.

Old 01-24-2001, 11:06 PM   #5

AngelaMDarling HB User

This makeup can cover purplish acne marks? Any makeup that touches my marks wont cover them, I assume thats because im putting foundation on that is my skin color, and
well, purple cant be covered by a light brown lol

Old 01-25-2001, 02:54 AM   #6

Aryiel HB User

Yup,

The Linda Seidel Makeup will do that.

Although the product is ordered over the phone the website shows befores and afters of about 9 women under the Transformations section..

It's best to have one of their consultants match your skin for you. There's usually one in most cities.

Not to sound corny;but, she was on Oprah before too. I found out about her from a friend of mine who has a HUGE red birthmark on one side of her face. She said that she had seen Seidel on some infomercial(yeah right), then she asked her derm about it, and one day she showed up at my house with a flawless face. It looked so natural.

Unlike her I was too embarassed to go for a consultation. Which is pretty crazy 'cuz these people help burn victims too, and have probably seen skin conditions that make me look like a Revlon Cover Model. Well it took me about 3 weeks before someone was NICE enough to tell me that my face looked like a department store mannequin's. But I finally perfected it.

By the way, when I met my boyfriend(he's a "retired" model who's the ripe old age of 30)I was wearing my facial "coat of armor", and he had NO idea what was lurking underneath.
I wouldn't let him near me for 5 months. NO lie. He thought that I didn't like him. The whole time I was like "Oh my God, this guy is used to being around beautiful women, what am I gonna do. He's gonna feel so cheated." Plus all the women in my family were like "Ooooooo girl, were'd you find him?"
Anyway, I finally brokedown and told him that I was suffering from a very vicious case of stubborn acne , and that it wasn't my fault :-), it had just invited itself in on it's own.
Well,he wanted to see the damage.
So, after wrestling with him for about 5
HOURS to change his mind. Guess what?
He saw the real me ,and he didn't care.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !
We've been together 4 yrs now.
P.S.-He also doesn't think that I need the makeup either.

THE END

[This message has been edited by Aryiel (edited 01-25-2001).]

(from moderator3: Thank you Aryiel. Please do not post commercial links. Discussion of products and websites by name is welcome here.)<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 01-30-2001).]

Old 01-25-2001, 03:27 AM   #7

emmapeel2 HB User

This make up sounds great, but have you checked the ingredients of the make up against the list of good and bad in the sage skin site? I have used heavy camoflague before and it has made me break out. (By the way Origins concealer made me breakout big time).
I know we all have different skin but....

I'll be interested in your thoughts

Old 01-25-2001, 06:11 AM   #8

Kimberly617 HB User

ok I need to clear something up. I had said that went there to get a regiment and to get stuff to clear my skin. I got soap, something like a toner, stuff like that. Not their make-up. Not yet. I just don't know what to think about all of it. Make-up I use almay and I am happy with it. It is light and oil free.

Old 01-25-2001, 06:57 AM   #9

Babernethy HB User

Read my posting 'Get off the drugs' and nip the problem in the bud, instead of covering it up! It is specifically for adult acne (I'm almost 40)
B

Old 01-25-2001, 07:10 AM   #10

Kimberly617 HB User

I am not on any drugs. I am trying to avoid that. Don't really want to go to a dermatologist either. Wanted to do this on my own first. I am confused, I never said anything about drugs.

Old 01-25-2001, 11:12 AM   #11

Babernethy HB User

You are confused (Get off the drugs)...that is only what the posting is called...basically I pointed it to people on Accutane but it would refer to your probelm which is the same as mine.
Just read what I wrote and follow up on it...you will get good results.
I have had a few prescritions (1 which gave me an ulcer) and seen several dermatologists, all with little or no success.
Vitamins, clean eating and Pro Active have done wonders for me!

Old 01-25-2001, 03:16 PM   #12

Aryiel HB User

Hi,

The Seidel Makeup line is definitely safe for your skin. It has to be. Especially if it can be used on burn victims. They are prone to develope very serious infections. Therefore Seidel can't take any chance with these people's lives. She also has a background in healthcare.

I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Aryiel (edited 01-25-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 01-30-2001).]

Old 01-25-2001, 03:57 PM   #13

Aryiel HB User

Oh yeah,by no means will The Linda Seidel products clear up your face.(It didn't make mine worse either)It's just a cover.
But they can provide you with a certain level of confidence while you're trying to heal your skin.

I definitely believe in the natural alternatives of Vitamin b-5, detoxifying the body, and a healthy diet, & moderate exercise.

I just started taking 5grams of b-5 yesterday, and I truly believe that it will improve my skin. I basically have large patches of discoloration all over my cheeks and chin. I have naturally yellow undertones;but, the patches are dark brown and red.
My acne flareups stopped 2 months ago after I started taking 3 Tablespoons of a Liquid Super B-Complex(Twinlabs)a day before bed-time.My forehead totally cleared up last month.

I don't take antibiotics because they've never helped me. They just gave me terrible y**st infections.

I also don't use topical drugs like Retin-A anymore either.(They just aggravated the condition even more) I'm 33, and I've had acne for 10 years.
I didn't start seeing any positive results until I stopped taking synthetic drugs like Retin-A etc, and started taking B-Complex and just washing my face 2 twice a day with a Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash by Desert Essence.
I air dry my face and apply a small amount of
Jojoba Oil at bed-time. (It's not really an oil). It has slowed down my skin's oil production too.

about JOJOBA OIL & ACNE:

At first I was skeptical about using an OIL on my face ;but, after reading this article and doing more research on-line about it, I gave it a try.
Oh,yeah, by the way, I didn't use this company's brand either. Any 100% PURE JOJOBA OIL should do just fine. I spent $4.00 for a 1 oz. bottle at a local Health Food Store.

(from moderator3: please do not post links to commercial websites.)<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 01-30-2001).]

Old 01-28-2001, 02:26 PM   #14

MariaSkin HB User

Kimberly:
Your adult acne could be caused by polycistic ovaries, which are a symptom of insulin disorders. Try getting your ovaries checked first if you don´t feel like getting a blood test to check your hormones /insulin.

Old 01-29-2001, 06:14 PM   #15

2cute HB User

u r lucky to have found a guy who loves you for u.
i wear just light weight makeup(neutrogena) and powder and blush. thats it. but my ex boyfriend used to tell me not to wear any makeup at all-----yeah, right! i am too self conscious without it. even just this little bit helps. i wish i had the kindof skin where i could just go out with nothing on my face. believe me, i'd do it.

Closed Thread