It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2001, 08:55 AM   #1

DameC HB User
Red, Crusty Patches

Ok ever since i got pregnant, I have had major skin issues! but let me give a little history here... about 7 months before i got pregnant i started using retin-a for very mild acne (mostly little white bumps under my skin) then when i got pregnant i had to stop the retin a and about a month after my skin looked terrible! then aboiut a month after that i developed a sort of rash on face (little red scaly patches spread out and one really bad big one on my forehead. then after a bunch of microdermabrasion and some cortisone crap my doctor gave me (that breaks me out big time) it was under control but i still had those bumps. so about 6 months ago i started retin-a agai and of course it made me look the worst i've ever looked in my life for about 10 weeks then all of a sudden, much better.... but from day to day it varies- sometimes myy skin looks great and sometimes it looks soooo bad. but this is whats going on now...(i started B5 2 weeks ago) every single pore on my face is clogged, i have those red patches on both cheeks and one side of my nose, they will alll dried out and flaky and i can rub off all the dead skin in the shower but then its red and raw. also there is a ton of little bumps and oil under there.why is my skin so F***** up???????????????

Old 10-29-2001, 10:29 AM   #2

jim20 HB User
Re: Red, Crusty Patches

try putting neosporin overnight on the red spots, it will help it scab over. And dont pick at the scabs, it will just make it red and raw again. try not to scrub it off in the shower, it should just come off eventually. It might be a bit flakey for a few days, so put some moisturizer on it and wait for it to come off by itself, then you won't have huge red marks on your face. people say that neosporin can clog pores.. if you just use it on the red/raw skin you'll be fine, just don't smother your face in it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread