It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2001, 10:27 PM   #1

BungalowBill HB User
Wart Remover patches get rid of acne

I saw these patches to get rid of warts, they have 40 percent salicylic acid, opposed to just 1 or 2 in those creams. But this is spot treatment, so i think it should work very well, and shouldn't make permanent effects. what does everyone think?

Old 06-25-2001, 10:32 PM   #2

BREMSE HB User
Re: Wart Remover patches get rid of acne

i dono...
but i got a few of those patches so ima try it out when i go to bed...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2001, 11:36 PM   #3

Lucy HB User

Oh my god. Be careful! Think about how hard a wart is. That stuff is strong because it eats away warts. It might make a big open sore on your face.

Old 06-25-2001, 11:55 PM   #4

BungalowBill HB User

i dont think so, because you need to apply a lot of them to remove one wart. just to make sure though im testing it on my back, so if it does eat it up, i can cover it up with a shirt till it heals. hopefully ill have a new treatment to share tomorrow though!

Old 06-26-2001, 07:12 AM   #5

kmn HB User

I have a feeling this is going to turn out bad.

Old 06-26-2001, 08:43 AM   #6

BREMSE HB User

well i placed a couple of the patches on my face or night...

and when i woke up there wasnt much of a difference....

maybe i do need to place them more often in order to do the job....

thanks....

Old 06-26-2001, 08:44 AM   #7

BREMSE HB User

sory i messed....

i meant to say that ii placed the patches OVER night....

sorry guys....

Old 06-26-2001, 12:20 PM   #8

BungalowBill HB User

I tried one last night on my back, and it shrivelled up and you basically cannot see it!!! it left a little ring around the spot, but i just washed it and in a couple minutes you couldnt see it. i think the ring was more from the stickiness (like a band-aid) then the medication. With 40 percent salylic acid, it really really dries out the zit. I recommened everyone use these on those bumpy active ones. I only have some flat remainders of ones right now, so im going to have to wait....but good luck

Old 06-26-2001, 01:49 PM   #9

boobiejs HB User

Oh boy! I truly don't recomend using these patches on your face. The skin on your back is alot thicker than on your face, and that's probably why you haven't had any nasty peeling. I'm sure that if yu place a patch on your face, you can cause yourself some permanent damage. I've used the patches on my finger before and they totaly peeled of many layers of my skin. I'd ask a doctor if I were you. And to everyone, I know were her to support each other and make suggestions, but it's not always "monkey see, monkey do" be carefeul with new ideas. What works for one person may not necessarily work for you.

Old 06-27-2001, 09:07 AM   #10

gianni HB User

Yeah, but people do 70% glycolic acid peels on their face to get rid of both scarring and active acne. Of course it will cause lots of peeling, but that's what you want. Just be prepared to have your face look like sh*t until the new skin appears.

On the other hand, the AHA peels at those concentrations take some skill to avoid localized scarring....the acid will eat away your skin, so be careful.

-G

Old 06-27-2001, 12:49 PM   #11
Inactive

Nice-T HB User

But gianni,
Keep in mind glycolic acid peels are made specifically for your face and acne. Wart patches are made for warts and I rarely hear people getting warts on their face. I personally would not try a wart patch on my face.

Old 06-27-2001, 03:17 PM   #12

tigerfish123 HB User

well... I tried something like this last year. I used the liquid wart remover on a pimple since it said it has 17% salicylic acid and I read someone used this on a scar for a few days and it got rid of it. It burned the pimples off as well as some skin and I had a sore there for a week. I still want to try it again on some of my scars when I have a week or 2 to just stay in the house so the skin can heal... maybe putting a moisturizer on first will help so it doesn't burn so much skin off.

Closed Thread