It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2001, 09:36 PM   #1

kyonium HB User
acne from hydroquinone

anyone ever get more pimples after applying hydroquinone, i have about 2 or 3 pimples after them overnight, i'm not so sure whether it due to hydroquinone, does anyone have any experience

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2001, 09:40 PM   #2

TakitEZ HB User
Re: acne from hydroquinone

ME! I got more cysts from using hydroquinone. I've since stopped using them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2001, 06:53 AM   #3

LMW HB User

That just happened to me too! My face has been clear because I am taking accutane, and I decided to use hydroquinone to help with scarring, and the next day I got two new pimples!

I think it is because the hydroquinone lotion I used is very greasy though.

Is yours greasy?

Did you find an oil free or non-comedogenic (sp?) kind?

Old 07-05-2001, 07:25 AM   #4

~Cansu~ HB User

I used hydroquinone on my red marks about 1,5 years ago and it didn't cause any pimples.Maybe there is something in the lotion,which causes breakouts.The hydroquinone i used was in liquid form and it was ok.I don't remeber the brand though.

Old 07-05-2001, 08:57 AM   #5
(male)

groovelicious HB User

I think so....I tried using Lustra on my scars and the next day I woke up with pimples...

Old 07-05-2001, 03:55 PM   #6

Dralem HB User

Yep I got breakouts from using Hydroquinone and posted a while ago asking if hydroquinone forumlas are non-comedogenic or not. No one could answer, so I'm thinking they aren't which means they're probably more harmful than helpful - unfortunately.

Old 07-06-2001, 12:39 AM   #7

kyonium HB User

maybe the hydroquinone i used was comedogenic, it was 4% prescribed by dermatologist but i have stopped applying it on my face. the first time i tried there was some fresh pimples i stopped for a while & then i tried again but it still caused fresh pimples to appear on my face. anyway does anyone suffer from redness after their acne are gone, i notice that some people don't suffer from that for me my acne are gone but the red marks has been lingering for more than 6 months, my marks seemed longer to disappear although my dermatologist advised that it takes 3-6 months for the red marks to disappear. does taking antibiotics have anything to do with the red marks.

Closed Thread