It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2000, 09:36 AM   #1

LilAznBoi HB User
Acne Pits

Yes we know acne scars fade, but what about acne pits? I have some pits wit scars. No one notices I have pits but its there and once the scars fade away im sure my pits will be mroe noticable. My derm keeps talking aobut how the scars will fade and not to worry about that but to just worry about my pimples. Well once my scars and pimples clear, what can i do aobut acne pits? Is there a surgery or anything? I see some movie stars on tv with acne pits which apparently the makeup didnt cover. What can i do?

Old 12-27-2000, 03:15 PM   #2

LilAznBoi HB User
Re: Acne Pits

Well any answers for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2000, 03:34 PM   #3

sabrina HB User

hey i dont really kno wmuch about pits...i just have one on my cheek an its been there for years and ive learned to live with it cuz i dont want to have any kind of surgery
i guess u can do lazer resurfacing or maybe even peels to try and get rid of them

are yours really bad??

Old 12-28-2000, 12:07 AM   #4

ryan HB User

depends on how bad they are. the scars will fade a bit, and may even fill in just a little, but, they'll probably always be there unless you have something done about them. you notice them more than others do though, i guarantee it, but, that's still not much consolation.

i take it you're asian then, right? or, did i just read way too much into a seemingly obvious name there? that makes a difference. your skin tone will be a factor in deciding what type of procedure you want to have done. it's really hard to say though without knowing how bad or numerous they are.

you should see a plastic surgeon about it. don't bother going to a dermatologist for any type of procedure on your face. a skilled ps will (or should) be much better at handling these types of procedures generally. if they aren't too bad, you might be able to do a series of aggressive microdermabrasion courses. they also have a new laser which works differently than the others they'd normally use for that. there are no risks involved with it either, unlike the other two which are primarily used on acne scars. the effects won't be as dramatic, but, like i said, there's no risk involved (especially with dispigmentation that you might be at more of a risk for with other procedures), and you may not necessarily need dramatic effects to get the job done.

but yeah, definitely go and see one, two, or even three plastic surgeons and get some opinions on it. not too many have this new laser (nlite), so, if that's what you're going for, you may ahve to look around.

Old 12-28-2000, 02:05 PM   #5

LilAznBoi HB User

Not a lot of people notice the acne pits, not even my mom. Just the scars and pimples. The pimples are gone now, i havent been breakin out altely. And now all i need to do is worry bout the scars which are sure to fade away. But the pits are the problems. You see jet li and them on tv wit those pits on their face. My pits arent deep or big and wide like his or the others i see. Its just a small thing the goes in a little, not deep at all. But i want it gone, completely so i have no worries. Maybe i sohuld worry bout my scars first then find out what i can do about the pits? Also, ive noticed on scars, it looks different in the light. In my bathroom my light is yellow and through the mirror it doesnt look bad at all, then u go to a public bathrrom and they have a bright white light and u see a lot of it. Also on a computer cam it looks really bad than what the eye can see, but on a home video u cant see any. Gosh i get scared where i go because of the light. Even the ones you cant see thorugh the eye but on camera, those scars fade too right?

Old 12-28-2000, 03:01 PM   #6

sabrina HB User

all scars fade in time
u just have to hang in there and be patient
there are some lightening gels that u can use to speed up the fading process
i have alot of scars and marks on my back from old acne....but my face doesnt scar that bad thank god...just a few on my forehead and one cheek
seems like i try to take care of my face but neglect my back
today i went for a backscrub and the girl was telling me about using a body lightening gel that you apply not only to the spots but the entire area that is supposed to get rid of spots in 6mths with continuous use...you can also use it on your face
its by peter thomas roth....i forget the name of it
for the pits you can do glycolic peels which is supposed to make the skin smoother and more even
if u say ur mom doesnt even notice the pits then im sure they can be covered with makeup once they arent too deep
i have like a little dent in the skin...and makeup helps

hope this helped

Old 12-29-2000, 05:09 PM   #7

LilAznBoi HB User

Im a guy, i dont do makeups

Old 12-30-2000, 02:05 PM   #8

ryan HB User

i know what you mean about the light. that kind of light will show any irregularity on your face, while others seem to make those irregularities blend in sometimes to the point where they aren't noticeable. it's like you don't think it's that bad until you actually see yourself under that kind of light.

what kind of scarring do you have? it's not like little is it? or is it kind of just discolored unevenness? that'll probably fade in time. you can get creams and such for it. right now, i'm taking a prescription cream called glyquin. it's $65, but worth it. it lightens the skin, which cause more even skin tone, and it also will help a bit with the scars as it has a mild concentration of glycolic acid in it.

you also may want to try just a little bit of makeup if you. even a little bit would help. i know it sucks being a guy and all, but people really can't tell. you should into seeing a plastic surgeon, too. i know that ain't easy for guys either, but you'd be surprised how many actually go in. especially for the problem you have. they could do some microdermabrasion on your face, too. that'd help. you should look into these things more on the internet. you won't find a better resource.

Old 12-30-2000, 06:28 PM   #9

LilAznBoi HB User

Im only 14. Will they still do the laser on me? And does it hurt? And does it completely remove the scars?

Old 12-31-2000, 01:43 AM   #10

ryan HB User

yeah, sure. age doesn't matter. they see young kids (even toddlers) a lot. you'd be surprised. they usually make you wait at least 6 months until they do anything so as to see what the scars will do on their own. you can be evaluated before then though.

the only concern maybe is your skin color. that might produce some problems, but only potentially. the lighter you are, the better. though a couple weeks back, i saw a girl come out of the place i go to and she'd just had laser work done and was very dark. it seemed to lighten her skin a bit, but you couldn't really tell at all. if you have it done in only a couple spots, it shouldn't be a problem. they also do chemical peels that might be more in line with what you're going for. with laser there's a lot of down time and it can be kinda expensive. and yes, they can get rid of some scars, but mostly those that are mild to somewhat moderate.

they do have a new laser out though, which i think i mentioned. it's called nlite, and it works differently than other lasers. there's virtually no risk at all because of the way it works. not sure how good it is though. i might have it done in about a month though, so, we'll see how it works.

you should'nt be worried about going to see someone though. you'll feel much better after you do, trust me. they see people like that all the time. no big deal. the only thing you should worry about is getting a good doctor. they can better evaluate your situation though. microdermabrasion might even work in your case. i'm not sure though. couldn't hurt. what general area do you live in? i might be able to help ya find someone. you can check as well. you should look around through search engines on the internet though to look at plastic surgeons in your area and to learn more about the procedures. that's how i found my doc. and read as much as you can, too.

Old 12-31-2000, 09:41 AM   #11

LilAznBoi HB User

I have brown skin. I dont think I want laser surgey but whats a chemical peel? Does that hurt? Is da expensive? And what can i do for me?

Old 12-31-2000, 12:17 PM   #12

ryan HB User

i don't think you want laser either. not full-face at least. you get some spots treated, maybe. that should be all right.

there are different types of chemical peels. basically, one type offers superficial peeling, which doesn't do a whole lot. the other offers moderate to deeper peeling, while the last offers the deepest treatment. you want neither the first nor last. a series of more concentrated applications of the mildest kind might work a little, but what you want is the moderate to deeper one i was talking about.

it's called tca. they have different varieties, and a new type they recently came out with produces the same results as older varieties of tca, but it's not as harmful to the skin or risky. it's called tca accupeel. it's the best type of tca peel you can get. it's about $500 for the full-face, and usually one treatment will do the trick.

but like i said, microdermabrasion might work on your skin, especially to even it out and help to fade the scars. but you want to make sure you get it done with a machine that go relatively deep as far as microdermabrasion goes as some machines are only designed for superficial peeling and won't really do any good. the new nlite laser might work as well. you might want to look more into the both of those seeing as how you have darker skin and whatnot, though the accupeel has been indicated for use on darker skins with minimal risk. still something you might wanna think about though.

Old 12-31-2000, 12:32 PM   #13

ryan HB User

oh yeah. the tca peel isn't supposed to hurt all that bad. it's like a severe stinging for a short period of time, and then it becomes more irritating than anything else. also depends upon your pain tolerance, i suppose. what it does though is burns through your skin. it's not like someone throwing acid on your face or anything though. it's more like a slow burn. takes about ten minutes, at most usually. kind of like being out in the sun awhile and getting a bad burn. the stinging subsides though. it sounds worse that it is. they put you out for full-face laser. that's where a lot of the cost for laser comes in. no need for that during a chemical peel.

Closed Thread