It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #1

JamieMadrox HB User
elevated "scar" type stuff on my nose? blocked pores?

i got this elevated type lesions on my nose.. i think it's blocked pores..that is what my derm said.. anyway, he wants to take a needle to it and cauterize it and "open" up the pores... has anybody had this done?? is it risky? will there be a chance for scars to form if i cauterize these blocked pores on my nose/? i tried it on the side of my nose as a test with him and it was really red for a month and now the redness went away... i can't tell what it really did for the "raised lesion" on the side of my nose cause there is about 5 or 6 tiny ones around it.... anyway, it's really bugging me and i have to see my derm on the 23rd of this month.. i really need your advice on this and i think it's going to be really impt if you give me advice, cause i can be your guinea pig and whatever i do on the 23rd will help alot of people out with this... so plesae give me your advice ..i know i posted this up on another thread, but i'm going to see the derm on the 23rd and i just might zap all these blocked pores wiht by cauterization so PLEASE give me advice... i guess i can be a guinea pig.. i was kinda like a guinea pig with teh TCA peels and it is working wonders....anyway, please give me advice or input.thanks

- jamie

Old 07-14-2002, 05:57 PM   #2

JamieMadrox HB User
Re: elevated "scar" type stuff on my nose? blocked pores?

by the way, i was trying to do peeling on my nose with TCA peels to try to get underneath that blocked pore, but it really hasnt been working. my derm told me that peels might work, but i'll need like 10 or something like that...i cant' afford that..and plus i dont want to wait for another year till this stuff on my nose goes away.. so i was thinking about zapping it and if there is redness or something left behind, i could get a peel or two to blend it in.. i dunno....it's really bad.. you can totally see the "scar"/blocked pore in light , when i look down or at angles....it's frustrating... anyway...

- jamie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2002, 10:35 AM   #3

Gael Alias HB User
Re: elevated "scar" type stuff on my nose? blocked pores?

Jamie, have you tried dermabrasion? I mean it kind of sounds like you have the same type of "raised scar" as I do, but I don't think I have blocked pores on my nose. What treatments have you discussed with your dermatologist besides cauterization? I am pretty sure that there are less invasive methods to get rid of blocked pores other than cauterization. Don't let your dermatologist screw up your nose with this procedure because it sounds like it can leave scarring.

Closed Thread