It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2002, 09:11 PM   #1
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User
After Accutane-How to Maintain Clear Skin

I am nearing my Accutane treatment and have clear acne. I know the whole point of this board is to get rid of acne, but I was wondering if anyone had used Accutane and then used herbal remedies or whatever to maintain their skin. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2002, 09:43 PM   #2

KC Lee HB User
Re: After Accutane-How to Maintain Clear Skin

Hey Blue! Well, congrats on finishing Accutane (almost). These are my suggestions to you:

1. Don't go overboard. Your skin will continue to improve after you finish with the Accutane so there is no need to scrub or use anything harsh.

2. Continue with a good regime for your skin twice a day! (I'm saying this because I was very young and didn't know much when I took Accutane. After I stopped and my face was clear, I slacked. I didn't always wash off my makeup and slacked on my regime).

3. Don't use harsh products on your skin like Benzoyl Peroxide or anything like that, there's no need to.

4. Use a very gentle cleanser and a good moisturizer. Check out Karin Herzog's line. They have very good creams that can be used for acneic type skin without using chemicals or harsh ingredients. Their products give oxygen to the skin using HYDROGEN peroxide and kill any bacteria on your skin.

5. Don't jump the gun. Give your skin time to heal. If you have scarring DON'T do any type of peels or microderm for 6 months to a year. You will do more harm than good.

6. Consider seeing an esthetician at least once a month for facials.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2002, 10:29 PM   #3
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User

THANK YOU SO MUCH KC!!!!!!!!!! I will be sure and take these tips to heart. I am going to wait to do something about my scars. I want to do more research because this is my face and it is kind of important. Again, thanks for all the kind advice.

Old 07-20-2002, 12:37 AM   #4

mal o'nine HB User

I finsihed my first and only round of accutane in february. to keep clear, i've been taking many vitamin suppliments, primarily ascorbyl palmitate (1g per day). also, if the oil flares back up, 25,000 IU of Vit. A can help.

Old 07-21-2002, 09:19 AM   #5
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User

I was just wondering if anyone after ACCUTANE uses one of those BHA (I think that is what it is) cleansers. On these boards I have read a lot of positive things about these. Any information would be helpful. THANKS!

Closed Thread