It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #1

nagmanater HB User
breakouts only around mouth??

i get all my breakouts around my mouth??
does anyone know what this means??
also has anybody like me cleared it up successfully?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2002, 10:43 PM   #2

resa81 HB User
Re: breakouts only around mouth??

I have the same problem...most of my major breakouts occur on my chin and around my mouth. I have not found a solution to this problem for myself. However, my derm told me to stop brushing my teeth right before going to bed because toothpaste may irritate and cause breakouts. Try brushing after dinner or a couple of hours before going to bed. This did not work for me, but it has for others. Let me know if you find another solution!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2002, 10:55 PM   #3

Bob swartz HB User

I have the same problem 90% of my breakouts are around my mouth and on my chin. I had a breif solution it was antibiotics but when i came off then it came back. My derm told me to switch to tom's of maine touthpaste i did and it didnt work but i like there tooth paste now. i read once that acne around the mouth was cuased by digestion problems dont know if i beleive that though.

Old 11-14-2002, 12:36 AM   #4

Chelsi doll HB User

around the mouth, on the chin, and on the jawline mean that it's hormonal. aka, its a ***** to get rid of. topicals probably won't work because the problem is coming from the inside. antibiotics might help for some people, but if they do the effects probably won't last long. for girls, try birth controls (but NOT the devilish ortho tri-cyclen "we clear up your skin cause we're the best bcp"<--that's bull****). b5 might work too--it did for me.

Old 11-14-2002, 12:43 AM   #5
(female)

20withacne HB User

yes this could be hormonal and i have heard the toothpaste thing too but it did not work for me. if ur acne is hormonal, try spiro or an anti-androgen bcp (ie diane or yasmin). hope this helps.

Old 11-14-2002, 12:47 PM   #6

TSB HB User

Ever hear of perorial dermatitis or perorial acne?

Both are different but present similiar symptoms of acne like eruptions around the mouth and chin lower chin.

Old 11-14-2002, 10:59 PM   #7
(male)

nateholman HB User

I also have the same problem. I heard somebody say that this kind of acne is hormonal. I am 18, so does this mean my acne will slow down in a few years as my hormones start to level out? Please tell me yes.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:54 PM   #8
Unregistered

my acne is also just around my mouth and chin area!!! i have tried tetrecycline, minocycline, 3 types of bcp's, retin a, benzoyl peroxide, etc.... well i quit smoking like 6 weeks ago and because of that i also quit drinking beer. if any of you smoke or have smoked drinking and smoking go hand in hand. well i noticed after not drinking beer for a few weeks my skin really looked good. then i drank a couple of beers and the next day (and i am not kidding) i broke out again!!! so no more beer!!!! i really think i am allergic to beer. another thing i remember is that my skin was really clear when i was pregnant with my daughter a couple of years ago, and i obviously didnt drink beer then....hmmmmm. maybe i have finally figured my acne out...good luck!!!

Old 11-15-2002, 03:51 PM   #9

kalleycat HB User

Have you tried cleaning your phones with alcohol? You know how much grease and oil can build up not counting saliva and sickness.

That may help.

Old 11-18-2002, 07:37 AM   #10

Collie HB User

Yes, 90% of my acne is around my mouth, chin,and jawline too. What's weird is that I rarely use to get zits in the places I do now. I've been suffering from acne for about 6 years and in the last year my acne has gotten much worse and changed location from the top half of my face to the bottom half. Also, topicals use to work quite well before, but now they just dry up my skik and not the pimples. Everything you guys have said on this thread confirms what i thought, I have hormonal acne.....but then I was thinking, if I have hormonal acne now what did I have before? Any comments would be appreciative. Good luck to all in finding your cure! ~Collie

Old 11-18-2002, 07:02 PM   #11
(female)

20withacne HB User

i am on day 40 of accutane but think i may have hormonal acne as i usually flare up the worst around that time of the month and my acne is mainly my cheeks and chin. what can i do?

Old 11-19-2002, 02:47 PM   #12

kalleycat HB User

What can I do if I can't afford medication? If it is horomonal? Any home health remedies out there? What causes the horomonal acne?

Old 11-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #13

britty witty 3 HB User

ortho tri cyclen is different for every 1 so instead of saying that it doesnt work , say it didnt for you. i know many people it worked for like a charm. you might want to try that too.. i was skeptical after reading how much it's bashed here but i got guts and did it.. u can always try it.

Old 11-21-2002, 10:41 PM   #14

Chelsi doll HB User

Why did my words turn into ********??? Anyway, I didn't use Ortho Tri-cyclen. Too scared. I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Had too many friends break out from it--even the ones who started with perfect skin, and were on it strictly for birth control, broke out. Nasty stuff. Other BCPs like Yasmin and Diane 35 work better for acne.

Old 11-23-2002, 12:34 AM   #15

britty witty 3 HB User

like i said its different for everyone.. theres lots of people that have broke out from yasmin too. you just have to find what's right for you

Closed Thread