It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2002, 02:24 AM   #1

depressed angel HB User
Have you tried Acne Statin?? Please read...

I bought this stuff a while ago, but after I read that it *might* break you out the 1st few weeks, I was scared to try it since I had school at the time (didn't want to look all grose). So now, I'm done school and I'm gonna give it a shot. Has anybody tried this before and what were your results?? I heard from many people that it's made there skin soft clear and smooth within 1-2 months..sometimes it may take 3 or even less. Depends. but if you have, please let me know! You can also see for yourself by typing 'Acne Statin' in your search engine. Thanks a lot!!!

Old 10-06-2002, 07:25 AM   #2

Tari28 HB User
Re: Have you tried Acne Statin?? Please read...

I tried this like back in 1993 and I have to say I personally did not care for it. I just don't think it made a difference in my skin one way or the other. The cleanser didn't feel like it was getting my face clean at all. Unless they have changed their formulation since then, I have to give the old one a thumbs down. Sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2002, 09:40 AM   #3

Jenyurd HB User

I also used this years ago--I think 1993. It didn't help me at all. I've read recently that there's nothing in the ingredients to help acne. I wouldn't waste your money, but if you have money to spare go ahead and try it. It may work for you..

Old 10-06-2002, 03:10 PM   #4

depressed angel HB User

Thanks for your responces

Old 10-07-2002, 03:12 PM   #5

*Angela* HB User

Hey! I used this stuff in 1993, too. The Acne Statin infomercial was really convincing, so I ordered their products. Unfortunately they turned out to be a waste of money. No effect whatsoever - even after three months.

Old 10-07-2002, 06:01 PM   #6

depressed angel HB User

Maybe the one you all used back in 1993 was different. It might have changed since then. It says it's a new break through in acne treatment. But who knows. Just one question (if you see this), was the cleanser you used also a moisturizer? You're supposed to leave it on...Just thought I'd check. Thanks everyone..

Old 10-07-2002, 06:56 PM   #7

Tari28 HB User

Yes, the cleanser was also the moisturizer or something weird like that. I always thought that was so strange. I looked at the website and I don't know about the formulation now, but the packaging is still the same as it was years ago.

Old 10-07-2002, 08:42 PM   #8

leopolda HB User

Actually, I tried it (back a while ago) and I must say I was really impressed with the results. I did have an initial breakout period that I believe lasted quite a while, but once I cleared up, my skin looked great. It doesn't dry you out and my skin was very soft. It used to be that the cleanser was also the moisturizer (exfoliant); then they added a separate moisturizer. I remember really liking it (I don't remember why I stopped using it). Anyway, if you've already ordered it, just give it a try but remember, the breakout period will come and it may last awhile.

Old 10-07-2002, 10:18 PM   #9

depressed angel HB User

Thanks for responding.

Yes, they have a seperate moisturizer, which is the one I'm using now. I 1st applied this stuff yesterday morning and I've only had one small breakout come of it. The rest of my face looks kinda good, I'm suprised.

Leopolda, when you broke out, exactly how long did it last, a month or so?

This stuff feels great on the skin and I love their seperate moisturizer. I'll keep anyone who's interested updated anyway.

Thanks for everything..

Closed Thread