It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2002, 07:50 PM   #1

Snickers537 HB User
I can feel a zit forming on my forehead, but it hasn't broken out yet. What do I do?

I guess it's unimportant, but it feels like a HUGE one. Is there any way I can make it go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2002, 08:11 PM   #2

Mr. Right HB User
Re: I can feel a zit forming on my forehead, but it hasn't broken out yet. What do I

Nope. Just let it be.

If it'll make you feel better, put on some b.p. cream, but if it's a big one, the cream probably won't do anything to it. just let it come out, take it's course.

Remember, less aggrevation is better! More would only make it get down deeper into your pore. Leave it alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2002, 10:42 PM   #3

supershy22 HB User
Re: I can feel a zit forming on my forehead, but it hasn't broken out yet. What do I

here's soemthing i read:

"Don't pick it! Popping your pimples makes 'em puffy, red and--worse--can cause infections and scarring. Instead, apply a warm washcloth to the bad boy for about 15 minutes, three times a day, to open up the blemish and let the goo surface. Before hitting the sack, reduce the redness by dabbing the zit with a bacteria-fighting benzoyl peroxide cream...If the pimple's still monstrous the next morning, take some anti-inflammatory tablets (try Motrin or Aleve-but check with your doc to be sure these are safe for you) and apply a cold compress to the blemish a few times before your big date to reduce the swelling. To camouflage your zit, dot it with a medicated concealer (try Clinique Acne Solutions Concealing Cream), then pat the area with your finger to blend. Don't rub--it'll remove the color. To set, follow up with a little loose powder (try Neutrogena Fresh Finish Loose Powder). These steps will guarantee you'll look great for your date!" - Peterson Publishing Company

Old 02-26-2002, 05:34 PM   #4

barbiedoll_fl HB User

ICE IT! It will reduce swelling and take some ibuprofen as well.

Old 02-26-2002, 05:48 PM   #5

amber89 HB User

if you have a topical antibioitic cream, like benzaclin put some on

Old 02-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #6

Bacne HB User

Its been my experience that bp will bring the pimple out and make it more red, so I only use it on pimples that are already out. I suggest what someone already said and put cold rag on it and take an ibprofen.

Old 02-26-2002, 09:14 PM   #7

jad211 HB User

It's also been my experience that bp just makes the pimple bigger. I actually did a little experiment on this the other night. I had two pimples on my forehead that were just coming to a head. I popped both of them very carefully (I didn't even squeeze anything, just put a little hole in it with a needle), dabbed a little hydrogen peroxide on each one to stop the bacteria from spreading. On one pimple, I spot treated with proactiv repairing lotion (which has a good amount of bp in it) and on the other I used pure aloe from my plant. On another pimple that I could feel coming (couldn't see it really but I knew it was there....you know that throb) I also used the aloe. I used a very generous amount of each. In the morning, the pimple with the bp on it was very red and inflamed and had formed another whitehead. The other pimple was much less red than it had been and was practically gone except for a tiny scab. The aloe that was still on my skin was red and bloody looking, as if it had literally sucked the redness out...that of course came off in the shower. The pimple I could feel coming never came. It totally disappeared and I'm not exaggerating.

I've tried this using regular aloe from a bottle but it doesn't work as well. I use that aloe as a moisturizer now and use the aloe from my plant to spot treat on top of it. Works like a charm.

Closed Thread