It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2002, 06:06 AM   #1

Trisha26 HB User
Saw Palmetto Really Works For Me!

I want to thank this board and you who posted things about Saw Palmetto, this is how I got to know about it and decided to give it a try last year.
First of all, I had to take it 3 months before seeing any results, and the first result it showed, was the change in my pain that I used to have every single month on my "monthly bill". I didn't have any more pain which I refer to the hormone change, and my skin slowly started calming down too. I used to have cystic acne and there was hardly a day I didn't have a new big zit on my forehead or cheeks(those places where the ones, not my nose, not my chin, always the forehead and cheeks, especially on the cheeks, painful big cysts). Then, one month ago, I was reading this board again, and how it helped "hongkonger" and decided, I would, from now on double my daily dose of saw Palmetto, since I wasn't really satisfied yet of my skin, and what should I say, the last time I been to a doctor, even he was excited of how my skin cleared up and it heals now. Of course its also the care program I have for my skin, but Saw Palmetto did the main job, and I am so so happy! All I have to wait for now is for the red marks to vanish slowly, but I will be patient, this is nothing compared to the bumps and skin I had before! I know, Saw Palmetto surely doesn't help every single person here, but it helped me, and once again, I want to say thank you for letting me know there is something like that! MUAH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2002, 06:48 AM   #2

hongkongers HB User
Re: Saw Palmetto Really Works For Me!

Are u kidding? no playing here........really?
I don't think it is going to work......
Myabe the Do nothing method did the trick on me.(not Saw palmetto)
SP just increases my sex desire rather than improve my oily skin.
Maybe "treatment" did the trick u don't know?
Please tell us more!

Old 05-13-2002, 06:58 AM   #3

hongkongers HB User

Hey, tell us more as u said it worked on u successfully,I'm gonna try it again for 3 mths.
Are u telling lies? I don't want to *** every day.(I am so "hot" after taking SP)
Ur success is a good news for us.LoL
But , maybe other treatment worked on u that u don't know?

Old 05-13-2002, 08:25 AM   #4

Trisha26 HB User

hongkongers, wasnt it you who also triumphed bout the success it has given you? Suddenly you sound so negative about it?
Well, no, the other things I did for my skin, I did them for a long time with not any drastical change, only to keep skin from escalating. But what really made the change was to take the double dose of saw palmetto, if I didn't know 100% that I owe it to SP, I wouldn't have post my message here.
That case with the sex desire is funny, I surely didn't witness that, I think that has to do with other things, or maybe works like that in individual cases, but to do nothing about your skin problem, ha! If that would work, people would save a lot of bucks I guess.
Like I said, for some it works, for some it don't, but most important is, that you take it constantly! Not when you think after some time(like a month or so),"this doesn't help, I gonna stop it" or if it helps and you think" wow, cool, it helped, now I can stop it again", it only helps you in the long run, like anything does when you have hormone problems. When I started SP, I was disillusioned after a month and even after the second, but I told myself to keep on taking it, good things take a little longer to have their full effect, and like I wrote before, after three months you could really tell the difference, I am so happy.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:32 AM   #5

hongkongers HB User

Well
u're a female, aren't u ?
Well, I also read other medical posts (Chinese version) said SP can treat acne.
To be honest, I took that thing not more than a month, the reason I stopped because it 's expensive. After that, I don't have acne increased or decreased,JUST THE SAME!!! then I doubted.
To be honest, I still no way to know if ur words true or........(no offense) I am so confused......
I am just afraid u make joke on me or something......
Are u 100% acne-free without further breakouts?
Hey !U make me wanna try it again...... Do u suggest me?

Old 05-13-2002, 09:33 AM   #6

hongkongers HB User

Well
u're a female, aren't u ?
Well, I also read other medical posts (Chinese version) said SP can treat acne.
To be honest, I took that thing not more than a month, the reason I stopped because it 's expensive. After that, I don't have acne increased or decreased,JUST THE SAME!!! then I doubted.
To be honest, I still no way to know if ur words true or........(no offense) I am so confused......
I am just afraid u make joke on me or something......
Are u 100% acne-free without further breakouts?
Hey !U make me wanna try it again...... Do u suggest me?

Old 05-13-2002, 11:49 AM   #7

Trisha26 HB User

this is funny, you were the one giving me the courage to cling to SP and take it seriously, I guess now its my job to encourage you, lol. Yes I am a female, thats true, and I dont know your circumstances, maybe you smoke? Drink? Eat meat? What are you treating your face with? All that counts. I tried any and everything for my skin(had problems for 2 and a half year now) and nothing helped. Untill now. And NO, I am not joking, I could waste my time better than post success messages here if I was telling fake stories. Like I wrote before, you have to take it constantly, not only a month and then stop and then begin and stop, it has to be taken seriously like medicine every day, I see only progress from it, I get a breakout here or there, like shortly before I get my period or female things in a body, but heck, not to be compared like the time before. Read my first post again, every detail I say in there is true and of course it is up to you if you want to take SP or not, since you also say it is too expensive for you. I deal with that costs because its what helps me and makes me live happy and normal again...

Old 05-13-2002, 12:18 PM   #8
Inactive

hardcoredummy HB User

Problem with him and many other people on this board seems to be they want instant results... they jump from fad treatment to fad treatment, never giving the treatment a chance.

If SP really works the way you suggested, it's function will be primarily hormonal... and you certainly can't expect that to work overnight.

Old 05-13-2002, 12:37 PM   #9

Regina1979 HB User

trisha, i heard that it's also work for breast enlargement .. does it work for u as well?

Old 05-13-2002, 12:59 PM   #10

Trisha26 HB User

i would immediately stop it if it would enlarge my breasts, lol, I worked too damned hard on my body these past years to make them as small as they are now, I think I am the wrong one to ask, *wink*. No, there is no difference on my breasts, thank god.

Old 05-13-2002, 02:00 PM   #11

kl899 HB User

Trisha, one month ago I and a few other people on this board took HongKongers advice and went on 320mg of saw palmetto. All of us got huge breakouts the first week of taking it. I promptly stopped the saw palmetto and it took my face 2 weeks to recover from it. Did you get a severe initial breakout? So you're taking 640mg of saw palmetto that has 85%+ fatty acids in it?

Old 05-13-2002, 03:28 PM   #12

Trisha26 HB User

yes, i take 640 mg, and its a known fact that in some cases, when you start taking a "medicine" just like with zinc, it can first get worse before it gets well after all, in my case it didn't get worse, my skin condition kept being the same old week after week,thats why I was close to quit too, but stating here for the third time that it's only the long run on taking SP that helps you, I am now glad I didn't give up! Take a look on the circumstances, sometimes SP doesnt go well with other things you take and that caused the worsening breakout? Also, if you already take the pill and then add SP, it's not advisable! That brings total mess and confusion to you body!

Old 05-13-2002, 06:50 PM   #13

hongkongers HB User

Even a female needs to take up to 640mg a day,Oh god......What about a male double 640mg, My god!~Just a guess only.......
I have already taken 2 tablets again.
But I wanna try Aldactone too.

Old 05-14-2002, 05:09 AM   #14

Trisha26 HB User

my impression is: you are not really into focusing on one thing at a time. You are not very eager, are you?
While you expect this one thing to help you already consider taking a different thing again. Slow down. Try this for a longer time now and see where it gets you and get the negative thoughts out of your head, like: nah, it wont help anyway, stop making anything bad, so the treatment has a chance to soothe your soul as well. Mind and body only go together!

Old 05-14-2002, 10:48 AM   #15

dopey_digital HB User

Hmmm, kl899 what do you think? Does this seem convincing? =P

-d0pey 4:20

Closed Thread