It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2002, 10:41 AM   #1

ZC HB User
Please read anyone who has used Retinova/Renova

i was at my local pharmacy today and i saw a tube of retinova on the shelf, seems it's not prescription anymore. I didn't buy it as i thought i should come home and read up on it first. it says that it is an effective topical acne treatment and helps reducing scars. My question is this: right now my skin is nearly clear with the exception of some zits along my jawline. Would it be worth it for me to use this or would it only make things worse for me right now? From what ive been reading about it it says it may cause initial breakouts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-02-2002, 10:44 AM   #2

ZC HB User
Re: Please read anyone who has used Retinova/Renova

Oh and it also claims to be good for wrinkles. Is this true? Is it a miracle cream? will i see a dramatic improvement quick? From what ive read it seems to take quite a long time for the beneficial effects to kick in, like 4-6 months.

Anyone whos had good or bad experiences?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2002, 12:13 PM   #3

cheyanna2 HB User

I was reading in my book I have and it says that the ones sold over the counter are not going to be as effective if effective at all, especially depending on the packaging of the product. It recommneds getting renova in prescription form inorder to get a strong enough concentration to work. But it also says that it can be very irritating for many people, causing inflammation and dry flaky skin. Also, its only going to work on some scars, deep scars or icepick scars won't be affected. In my oppinion, I don't think it would be worth it, especailly if you are pretty clear. I'd be really worried about a break out.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:21 PM   #4

ZC HB User

Thanks for replying. I pretty much reached the same conclusion, ive been reading up on it on the net. Not worth it youre right. Got red marks only but fading nicely with my brushing technique which i highly recommend to everyone with red marks. I certainly dont want any new breakouts so definately not gonna use it.

great! thats money saved!

Old 11-02-2002, 02:41 PM   #5

Tifanie's Secret HB User

Renova is the same thing as Retin A (.05% Tretinoin).
The only big difference is that Renova also has mineral oil in it.
If you have fine lines around your eyes, it would be OK to use it there. As long as it didn't migrate to the rest of your face causing you to break out.

Tif

Closed Thread