It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2002, 08:55 AM   #1
Veteran

laur HB User
Does Spironolactone cause some breast tenderness??

Can anyone who is on spiro or has been on it in the past tell me if it can cause some breast tenderness? The first time I was on this about 10 years ago, it may have caused this, but I also hadn't had my hysterectomy yet so I would have figured it to be more from that? Should I be concerned? I have been on about 6 1/2 weeks and both breasts are sensitive and tender but only one (how wierd!) seems a little enlarged. Wouldn't it do this to both? Dermy not in until next week.......I know it can cause enlarged breasts, but wasn't sure about the tenderness.

Thanks Laur

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2002, 09:02 AM   #2

stillwaiting HB User
Re: Does Spironolactone cause some breast tenderness??

Yes, that is listed under one of the side effects. My little drug book says: common side effects: nausea,vomiting,appetite loss, stomach cramps,diarrhea, Infrequent:dizziness,muscle cramps, headache,sensitive skin, dry mouth,decreased sex drive,tender breast,deepening voice,hair growth,incresed sweating. Both of these catagories say to contunue and call doctor when convenint. Rare side effect that you should discontinue are: black,tarry,bloody stool, bloody urine,fever,joint pain, rash, yellow skin,irregular heart beat, unusual tiredness, weakness, mood changes, red burning tougue. I would still let you doctor know about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2002, 09:17 AM   #3
(female)

Catherine21 HB User
Re: Does Spironolactone cause some breast tenderness??

A lot of women experience more pain in one breast than the other. I also read that in trial studies of spironolactone, the major reason for men dropping out of the study was due to breast pain.

Closed Thread