It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2002, 01:06 AM   #1
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User
Salicylic acid Could be BAD

I had bad acne when i was 17 not horrbile but it was bad as i got older it slowly went away but i would still have flare ups there were times i would break out real bad and times my face looked great i never really understood what was going on the back and forth i started going on these boards and reading around and found out from reading quite a few posts on the subject that Salicylic acid was causing people to break out i was using Oxy Pads used them for a long time as i got older my acne slowly went away but i still used the strong 2.0 % stuff Luckly i read these boards and i did something i stoped useing oxy and just washed my face with Clean and Clear SS Oil Free FFC and that was it i stoped using those damm OXY pads and my skin has done a huge turn around Hardly get acne any more and my skin looks healthy. Im very happy i read the other posts about salicylic acid if i hadnt i probley would have not wanted to stop useing the Salicylic acid just thought i would let people know about that and maybe if you use salicylic acid you should try to stop for a while and see what happens, im not comimg on these boards any more so goodbye.

Old 07-10-2002, 05:41 AM   #2

Becka821 HB User
Re: Salicylic acid Could be BAD

I have been using Neutrogena Deep Clean which has some sal. acid in it, and I have noticed that my forehead keeps breaking out. I wonder if that is why- I have oily skin though, and I need something to help with the oil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2002, 07:45 AM   #3
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User

I think that salicylic acid should mostly be used for people who do not have that bad of acne. People who have acne that is medium to severe should not use salicylic acid because a lot of people have said that it makes them break out even more and makes their face red.

Old 07-10-2002, 08:04 AM   #4

Bobbi HB User

My experience is that it dries the skin out too much and that may be what causes it break out (as the skin compensates for the loss of oil by producing more).

Old 07-10-2002, 09:30 AM   #5
Inactive

stillmatic04 HB User

Who the hell uses those oxy pads those things are the worst they made my face all crackled looking plus that sh*ts loaded with alcohol though not all sylic acid is bad i use neutrogena oil free acne wash in the clear bottle (the cream cleanser mad me break out) which is sylic acid based and i also use the neutrogena skin clearing moisturizer with sylic acid and retinol and my face is clear as porceline well maybe 1 or 2 but who cares lol oh yeah in case anyone wants to use these im also taking natures cure pills.

Old 07-10-2002, 10:11 AM   #6

Poindextress HB User

I guess different things work for different people. I happen to use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser, which contains 2 percent Salicylic Acid, and it's by far my favorite cleanser. Sometimes I use the Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment, also containing Salicylic Acid (1.5 percent), and I haven't noticed any additional breakouts. I use it because it seems to help with the redmarks. The downside is that it makes my face look red and blotchy.

Old 07-11-2002, 07:10 PM   #7
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User

The biggest thing ive seen with my skin is it looks healthier since i stoped useing the oxy pads.

Closed Thread