It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Why am I breaking out?

Usually about once a month, I have a very small breakout...like I'll get a couple big zits on the side of my face. No big deal, but for the last couple of weeks, I've just been breaking out. Noticeable zits are popping up - big, red inflamed zits that seem to have trouble coming to a head, and continue to appear when the other ones are starting to heal. They show up on my face and the back of my head and neck.

I've read that B vitamins can cause breakouts. For about the last two months, I've been taking a B-complex multi-vitamin, and the amounts per pill are ridiculous, like 855 percent of vitamin B6. And while I forget to take them some days, could this be contributing to a breakout so late?

I wash my face with two different cleansers too - one is one of those exfoliating face creams with the little grits in it, and the other is allegedly a deep pore cleanser. I don't use them together - often I use one on one day and the other the next day and alternate since I have no clue if they will react with each other.

And my skin's always been oily too; I try to control that by splashing a little water on my face or wiping my face down with alcohol or peroxide to dry it out more. But geez, my face looks worse now than it did when I was a teen!

Has anyone else ever had this happen? It especially is lousy for me since I'm a horrible scab picker and I will scratch at a healing blemish until I see the skin under the scab is healed and I can peel it off without any bleeding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Why am I breaking out?

I doubt wether the vitamin b is causing your problem.... if you get regular breakouts, try using benzoyl peroxide 5% all over the effected areas at bedtime. if only occasional breakouts, dab 10% benzoyl peroxide onto the leasions twice a day to help dry them up and heal more quickly.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 12-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Aside from some bits of dirt I can't seem to remove no matter how hard I scrub, I don't have regular or frequent breakouts. Which amazes me since my skin is so disgustingly oily, but I'll keep on it with peroxide until what's going on now goes away. It's just annoying when I'll get a whole bunch of huge, painful and unpoppable zits at the same time.

Thanks for the info, jonnstar.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Tell me about it, i am 39 and still get them on my chin.... hate them

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 12-05-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
(male)

Curkz HB User

Have you changed your diet lately? More fast food, higher intake of calcium? many variables can alter your skin I mean hell my acne was bad enough to warrant accutane and I am never going near that stuff again.

Try to minimise your cleansing of the face, use something basic simple and gentle eg Clearsil Gentle cleansing lotion. Try to drink lots of water, 1-2L a day Minimum, Take fish oil tablets to ensure your getting your omega 3,6,9.

Let us know what your diet is like and your daily routine/activities that may give us an insight into why your breaking out all of a sudden.

ps Don't forget stress.

Cheers Brenton

Closed Thread