It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
(male)

jaroslav HB User
Quite severe "under the skin" pimples

I am almost 18 now and prior to about 6 months ago, i never had any problems with acne, maybe the occasional large pimple that appeared on my nose. But about 6 or 5 months ago I started getting lots of these under the skin pimples or nodules (i dont think they were cysts yet) on my chin, nose and lower forehead. I waited for that to pass but it didnt, after about a month i was all red and "bumpy" on my face and no face product worked (skin clear, pure skin, exfoliac...). I finally went to see a GP and he prescribed me antibiotics (Erythrocin) and epiduo gel. I was taking the antibiotics for about a month and a bit (even though i was meant to take them for over a year) but i stopped because even though it cleared my chin and nose, i suddenly had these hard lumps of puss (with several red heads on top) in my cheeks (which were previously clear). I didnt use the epiduo gel regularly but am starting now. When i went back home i went to see a dermatologist and she told me to lay off the previous antibiotics and prescribed me these new ones for 10 days, "sumamed" they're called. The usual dose is 1 tablet per day for 3 days as they are strong, but i was told to take 2 tablets (double dose) for first 3 days and then normal dose for next 7 days. It helped a bit on the cheeks as the lumps opened up a few times and pus and blood came squirting out. I was also using Skinoren cream. Now that i have finished with the antibiotics one of the larger lumps has gotten smaller as the pus oozed out, but new areas of nodules appeared on the sides of my forehead and the nose, lower forehead and chin are now regaining pimples (nodules) once again.... I dont know what to do anymore! i am now using the epiduo gel not skinoren and washing my face twice a day with wet wipes and face toner. HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User
Re: Quite severe "under the skin" pimples

Get accutane asap.stay on antibiotics until accutane starts working.it will save your skin.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
(male)

jaroslav HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamariemoon View Post
Get accutane asap.stay on antibiotics until accutane starts working.it will save your skin.
can you even get accutane outside the US, because on the website i am looking on it says u go into this program IPLEDGE and that u shouldnt get the drug from outside the US. do they have it in the UK. I am already off the antibiotics, because i do not want to overwork my liver, but i am still using epiduo cream and i think it is helping just a bit. The swelling of the nodules in the cheeks has gone down, but if i feel my checks i can still clearly feel lumps inside the cheeks and the skin has purple spots, because the nodules pop every now and then and some pus comes out so i think the skin is a bit damaged there.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaroslav View Post
can you even get accutane outside the US, because on the website i am looking on it says u go into this program IPLEDGE and that u shouldnt get the drug from outside the US. do they have it in the UK. I am already off the antibiotics, because i do not want to overwork my liver, but i am still using epiduo cream and i think it is helping just a bit. The swelling of the nodules in the cheeks has gone down, but if i feel my checks i can still clearly feel lumps inside the cheeks and the skin has purple spots, because the nodules pop every now and then and some pus comes out so i think the skin is a bit damaged there.
I DONT KNOW.MAKE AN APPT.WITH A DOCTOR U CAN TALK TO.EITHER YOUR PRIMARY DOCTOR OR DERMATOLOGIST.STRESS TO THEM HOW UPSET THIS IS MAKING YOU AND YOU NEED ACCUTANE.I HAVE BEEN ON IT TWICE.IT IS AWESOME!IT WORKS SO GOOD.THEY MAY GIVE U A HARD TIME CAUSE OF SIDE EFFECTS,BUT DONT LISTEN TO THEM.IT ALSO COMES IN GENERIC.THE IPLEDGE IS PROMISING TO USE BIRTH CONTROL,2 FORMS OF IT,JUST TELL THEM UR USING ABSTINANCE AND YOUR PARTNER HAS A VASECTOMY OR SOMETHING,THE IPLEDGE IS A PAIN IN THE *** AND REALLY STUPID,EVERY MONTH U AND THE DOCTOR HAS TO GO ONLINE AND PLEDGE.MAKE SURE YOUR DOC IS FAMILIAR WITH THE IPLEDGE PROGRAM AND KNOWS HOW TO REGISTER,MINE DIDNT KNOW HOW TO DO IT AND IT TOOK HOURS OF TRYING BEFORE WE GOT IT RIGHT.I DID IT OVER THE PHONE WITH THE AUTOMATED QUESTIONS.MAKE SURE YOU GET AND KEEP A USERNAME AND PASSWORD DONT LOSE IT.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
(male)

jaroslav HB User

Quote:
i dont know.make an appt.with a doctor u can talk to.either your primary doctor or dermatologist.stress to them how upset this is making you and you need accutane.i have been on it twice.it is awesome!it works so good.they may give u a hard time cause of side effects,but dont listen to them.it also comes in generic.the ipledge is promising to use birth control,2 forms of it,just tell them ur using abstinance and your partner has a vasectomy or something,the ipledge is a pain in the *** and really stupid,every month u and the doctor has to go online and pledge.make sure your doc is familiar with the ipledge program and knows how to register,mine didnt know how to do it and it took hours of trying before we got it right.i did it over the phone with the automated questions.make sure you get and keep a username and password dont lose it.
so did u have any bad side effects because it lists quite a lot of them? The ipledge doesnt really apply to me then considering i am a man so there is no risk of birth defects since i cant get pregnant

Old 01-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User

Quote:
so did u have any bad side effects because it lists quite a lot of them? The ipledge doesnt really apply to me then considering i am a man so there is no risk of birth defects since i cant get pregnant
JUST REALLY DRY LIPS.PAINFULLY DRY.I HAD TO CONSTANTLY APPLY AQUAPHOR OR COCONUT OIL. THATS THE ONLY BAD SIDE EFFECT I GOT. IT SAVED MY LIFE,REALLY IT DID.IT SHRINKS YOUR OIL GLANDS,THE EFFECTS OF ACCUTANE LAST 5 TO 7 YEARS.WELL WORTH IT.

The Following User Says Thank You to lisamariemoon For This Useful Post:
jaroslav (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
(male)

jaroslav HB User

Quote:
just really dry lips.painfully dry.i had to constantly apply aquaphor or coconut oil. Thats the only bad side effect i got. It saved my life,really it did.it shrinks your oil glands,the effects of accutane last 5 to 7 years.well worth it.
i might seriously consider getting this then. Well thank you very much, you've been very helpful :d

Old 05-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
(female)

dream0n HB User

Quote:
i might seriously consider getting this then. Well thank you very much, you've been very helpful :d

I just stumbled upon your post and I am in the same situation you were. I have been using epiduo for a little over 5 weeks now and my nodules are getting bigger..did you continue with it or did you switch to accutane? How did it work out?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
(male)

Dalton683 HB User

Under the skin may mean it's something else entirely. There are several forms of acne to boot, and several treatment options beyond accutane. I'd get to a dermatologist. Best of luck!

Reply Reply