It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
(male)

Mhermsen21 HB User
help with cystic acne/ ingrown hairs

I have been battling (what i thought was just ingrown hairs, but turned out to be what i think is cystic acne and ingrown hairs) for about 3 years now. The cystic acne and ingrown hairs is always present on my face and during the winter months seems to get worse on my chest and back. I have tried anything and everything you can think of to try and prevent and cure this. Hundreds of different over the counter products (i have spent $1,000s on trying to cure these). For the ingrown hairs I have tried shaving at night, shaving in the morning, disposable razor, electric razor, wet/dry razor (during shower/after shower/opposite time of day of shower) tried shaving with warm water/cold water, tried different kinds of shaving creams and gels. I am also taking Doxycycline as of now for other reasons than acne. It seemed to help acne for a couple weeks about a month into taking it, but now doesnt seem to help at all. Nothing I try has been working, if someone could PLEASE PLEASE help me..I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thank you

Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
(male)

filthynote89 HB User
Re: help with cystic acne/ ingrown hairs

see a dermatoligist they can help you out more, as for the acne ask about accutane, i was taking adoxa and it did help but not all that much theres also solodyn which is similar and may work better for ya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
(male)

Mhermsen21 HB User
Re: help with cystic acne/ ingrown hairs

I have actually went to the dermatologist many many times for this..and they have prescribed just about anything you can think of for me..i have also tried tanning and many other things..and nothing seems to work

Closed Thread