It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

missourigrl HB User
Acne on chest/back...31 years old...help!

I'm a 31 year old female and I have never really had issues with acne until recently. Every once in a while I get breakouts on my chest and back of little red bumps. Some of them are larger and look raised and "cystic." I don't use lotion on my chest or back. I have been using Neutrogena body wash, a loofah once or twice a week, and applying tea tree oil to them. I also use a natural mud mask on them once a week. They seem to be getting a little better but are taking FOREVER to go away. Any suggestions as to how to get this stuff to go away? I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong so I appreciate any tips/suggestions/help!!! The weather is getting nicer and I want to be able to wear my summer tops without worrying about my chest/back. Thanks!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
(male)

Stoler99 HB UserStoler99 HB User
Re: Acne on chest/back...31 years old...help!

Hi, which Neutrogena body wash are you using?
I noticed Neutrogena made a change in the body washes with salicylic acid.
They used to make a Neutrogena clear body scrub with salicylic acid that worked good for getting rid of body acne.
They just replaced this with Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit with salicylic acid.
I'm now trying the Body Clear Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit, so i'm gonna see how it works.
I also remember Neutrogena made a body clear body wash without the pink grapefruit. This was before they made the change to using grapefruit in the body washes. So i'm curious which Neutrogena your using?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

missourigrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoler99 View Post
Hi, which Neutrogena body wash are you using?
I noticed Neutrogena made a change in the body washes with salicylic acid.
They used to make a Neutrogena clear body scrub with salicylic acid that worked good for getting rid of body acne.
They just replaced this with Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit with salicylic acid.
I'm now trying the Body Clear Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit, so i'm gonna see how it works.
I also remember Neutrogena made a body clear body wash without the pink grapefruit. This was before they made the change to using grapefruit in the body washes. So i'm curious which Neutrogena your using?
I'm using the regular Body Clear Body Wash...no pink grapefruit. I've used it for a long time. Did they change this one as well?

Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
(male)

Stoler99 HB UserStoler99 HB User

I was in target today and saw all 3 of these Neutrogena body washes, so they still make all of them.
Now i tried the regular Body Clear Body Wash without pink grapefruit and it didn't do much for me.
I found the Neutrogena clear body scrub worked great for getting rid of the body acne.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
(female)

Rinahz HB User

Hello missouri, I used to have the same problem as you.

I found that putting foundation on my back dries them up, and they tend to go away in a few days. I know it sounds strange, but it has worked a charm on me for years. Of course you cannot use oily foundations. (Id avoid l'oreal as it's more oily, along with brands that are not well known)

I use it from the company maybelline, it takes a few days but as the days go by you can notice that they are going down. maybelline is also the best product in regards to foundation as it is safer then competitors.

It's worth a shot if anything, best of luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rinahz For This Useful Post:
missourigrl (04-21-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Curious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB User

When I was diagnosed with Adult Onset Acne at 31 (strange coincidence!), the best advice I ever got was to stop putting "stuff" on and to start drinking a ton of water (at least 1 1/2 litres per day) and carrot juice (our skin loves vitamin A). To this day, that is my regimen and it WORKS. Whenever I get a breakout, if I mentally review the previous three days of liquid intake, it will ALWAYS tell me that I was being lazy about drinking water and carrot juice. Water and carrot juice is a lot less expensive than all that "stuff" too.

Take care.

The Following User Says Thank You to Curious One For This Useful Post:
missourigrl (04-21-2011)
Closed Thread