It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

Despina83 HB User
Sudden bad breakout on chest? No changes in diet.

I'm almost 24 years old, and I still suffer from acne. My mom is in her 50's and she still has it, so I know what I'm in for. Anyway, I usually only get acne on my face, but the past week I've been getting a terrible breakout on my chest. It touches my lower neck and is now spreading onto my breasts. It seemedl ike it might have been improving slightly, but today I can see it's spread more. I'm allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, so I can't use that. I've been using Salycic acid and Clindamycin, but they just don't work (not on my face either, but right now it's my chest I'm freaking out about). I don't know what could have caused this sudden beakout. I haven't been eating any differently, I'm not taking any different medications. I'm not using any lotions. The only thing different is I started trying to get a little more excercise, but I'm not overdoing it, and I don't even get all sweaty. And I started using a facial pore cleanser...the only changes. Yesterday I bought a body scrub that is supposed to be for chest acne. Judging on what it looks like today, it definetely didn't work.

Last edited by Despina83; 04-21-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Sudden bad breakout on chest? No changes in diet.

Buy some Hibiclens from the pharmacy, and wash the area with this twice a day for 60 seconds.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
(female)

Rinahz HB User
Re: Sudden bad breakout on chest? No changes in diet.

I found that putting foundation on whatever acne you have (back, face, chest) it dries them up, and they tend to go away in a few days. It has worked a charm on me for years. Of course you cannot use oily foundations. (Avoid l'oreal as it's more oily, along with brands that are not well known)

I use it from the company maybelline, it takes a few days but as the days go by you can notice that they are going down. It generally starts to make it dry (example like scabs, but not hideous ones) then it fades away.

It's worth a shot, also be sure to drink lots of water! If you are drinking any sugary drinks (pop, fruit juices) they contribute to the problem.

Last edited by Rinahz; 04-22-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Closed Thread