It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

Spottyhottie HB User
My acne theory / cure - THIS WORKS

I have had moderate acne for the past 15 years. It started when I was about 15 and I was on antibiotics for a year (for very very VERY minor pimples that because of my age I was super self conscious about)
Anyway, about a year after I finished the antibiotics my face flared up horribly. It was so bad I had to wear make-up ALL the time. I hated people seeing me without it. Even my mum and dad rarely saw my skin. Social occasions became awful. I'd hate sleeping round anyone's house. Fortunately in a way this may have saved me from doing many a silly teenage thing, but at the time it felt horrific. Heart palpitations began but no docs could find a prob with my heart - I was told it was "just one of those things".
When I got to the age of 25 I suffered very bad health problems, very tired, 3/4 migraines a week, could barely get out of bed and my skin - JEES - it was the worst ever. It was more like a rash really, painful pimples all over my chin and cheeks, dark circles under my eyes. I ate ok, was no less healthy than my boyfriend who had perfect skin. It all had a profound effect on my psyche. I felt utterly WORTHLESS. I saw a naturopath at this time who diagnosed candida overgrowth abd put me on the candida diet. In some ways I felt better but I still looked terrible - ill, pallid and at death's door on most days. My skin just seemed grey, colourless, acne-filled and blotchy.
Anyway, fast forward and I am now 29 and about a month ago I said to myself once and for all I am going to sort out my skin before I am 30. I got to researching day and night to see what would link up my symptoms - migraines, heart palpitations, bad acne, freezing hands and feet, constant feelings of toxicity, and inability to lose weight (with a rather attractive 'tyre' of flab round my middle)
During this time I read a lot about vitamin and mineral levels. A lot of people said they'd had good results with zinc (which has been clinically linked to poor skin) and Vitamin D (the sunshine mineral). Countless others have linked their condition to 'candida' and digestive problems, but I'd say 95% of these people are still to find a cure.....well bear with me because I think I have it!
MAGNESIUM.
And my theory goes something like this......
A lot more people seem to suffer with acne these days.
That is because we abuse antibiotics.
Antibiotics increase the body's excretion of magnesium.
Once magnesium is low the body becomes overloaded with calcium
Calcium interferes with the absorption of vitamin d, zinc and magnesium
So once you're low on magnesium getting it - and the other vits that depend upon it - back up is hard.
If you supplement just vit d that can worsen magnesium deficiency (I noticed my acne and heart probs got worse when I initially just began with vit d)
And if you take zinc without having enough magnesium you may as well swallow a pill full of sugar
So my theory was super dose magnesium and then after a while add in vit d and zinc.
Lo and behold within 2 weeks of magnesium supplementation my skin was barely recogniseable. The pallor - gone. Acne - almost gone. I look about 10 years younger. The palpitations are gone. IT IS AMAZING.
Magnesium deficiency is at epidemic proportions now because so many things deplete it. Our soil is not as nutrient heavy as it used to be. We eat too much sugar and use antibiotics too frequently.
Sorry for the length of this post but I really wanted to share this with everyone as I think it's a very interesting topic. Also it would be good to hear from anyone else who's had success with magnesium/vit d or zinc.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Spottyhottie For This Useful Post:
Love2Dub (06-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
(female)

Spottyhottie HB User
Re: My acne theory / cure - THIS WORKS

Also forgot to say vitamin d deficiency is also linked to IBS and digestive probs so it could well be that magnesium deficiency is why so many people with acne also suffer from problems with bloating, gas etc. This was another of my symptoms before I started on the magnesium - now they're gone!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
(male)

sixaxis HB User

oh great !

Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

whitemore55 HB User

Thanks, for your useful tips. I think it will work.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
(male)

aur HB User

What was the dosage of magnesium that you took? Also, what form of magnesium? brand?

Thank you.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
(male)

Solomos HB User

is your acne clear now?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
(male)

pizza-face HB User

no update ?

i've read that it'll take years to bring magnesium levels up to normal via supplements and that topical magnesium oil works best.............

anyone tried magnesium pills or oil and got good results ?

Old 06-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Be real careful supplementing with zinc though.It is very easy to have too much.Zinc can be toxic in large amounts.

Closed Thread