It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
(male)

Rob33rob HB User
Dead skin & Acne

Hey y'all. I have a lot of dead skin on my face, and I think it may cause me to get acne. I mean, in no way is my acne horrible, but I don't know what to do... I always scrub it off after I get out of the shower, but it always comes back. Does anyOne have any suggestions?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
(male)

ClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB User
Re: Dead skin & Acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33rob View Post
Hey y'all. I have a lot of dead skin on my face, and I think it may cause me to get acne. I mean, in no way is my acne horrible, but I don't know what to do... I always scrub it off after I get out of the shower, but it always comes back. Does anyOne have any suggestions?
Rob, are you sure it is dead skin and not just dry skin that is coming off your face? Cause you can;t really see the dead skin coming off, this is done gradually, over time, and in small particles.

I think you have dry skin, especially after you said that you are scrubbing your face every time you get out of shower.

Scrubbing your face too often will cause dry skin, and because your skin is dry, the oil glands will produce more oil to compensate the dryness, thus resulting in acne breakouts.

You should be using an exfoliant once or twice a week, at most, and always use a moisturizer after exfoliating. (you should moisturize every day, actually)

A quick exfoliant you can do at home is made out of honey and micro-granulated sugar (or you can use coffee). mix them together so yo get a thick paste and then apply it on your face and massage it for about 1 - 2 minutes. Rinse off with water and then moisturize.

For dry skin, also a yogurt mask is excellent. simply apply natural yogurt on your entire face, (start with a thin layer and then reapply until you get a nice, thick layer), leave on for 15 - 20 minutes then wash it off.

Also, if you have dry skin, don't forget to drink more water each day. It will do wonders for your skin, trust me (at least 1.5 liters of water each day)

The Following User Says Thank You to ClearSkinRomy For This Useful Post:
Rob33rob (07-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
(male)

Rob33rob HB User
Re: Dead skin & Acne

Thanks you both so much! (:

Closed Thread