It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

sadntired36 HB User
acne or infection

Ever since I turned "30", I have had problems with adult acne. I have been to the dermatologist and he has prescribed me everything from retin-a cream, to benzoyl perozide wash, to steroid creams for my zits. So far, nothing has succeeded at clearing up may face for good. My most recent episode with my face, has been that I put retin-a cream on a few of my zits thursday night before I went to bed, in hopes it would clear up my zits. Instead, when I awoke friday moring, my face was swollen, I had developed more sores on my face, I had fever that I ran all day and night of almost 101F. Also, my lymph nodes in front of my ears, have been enlarged and sore. I do not know what to do. I have been doctoring my sores with alcohol, antibiotic onintment, and etc. I just want all this mess on my face cleared up and I look like a human again, instead of a monster. "

The following user gives a hug of support to sadntired36:
Paddy55 (09-13-2011)
Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
(female)

SANDTHOMAS HB User
Re: acne or infection

Ask your dr. For an rx of phisohex. Wash your face with it. It will clear up your skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Dear SadnTired: I can understand your frustration - I am 58 and having acne/mystery spots on my face. I've spent good amount of money on "sensitive skin" cleansers, lotions and ointments, with very little success. Just wanted to say I know what you must be going through. Also, if you do try the wash that was recommended by "SandThomas", called "phisohex", could you post if you have any success with it? Wd really appreciate hearing if it works for you. Or if anything else works, for that matter. Wd love to hear.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
(female)

sambko HB User

I would like to know about phisohex too!!!! i've been using Clinique. I still breakout during my cycle, but they dry up fast. I'm hoping my breakouts are because of the fact that I was on the BC pill for 8 yrs and just went off them. Maybe my hormones are off balance? What kind of doctor would I go to for a hormone test? thanks!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Dear Sambko - I have been using Clinique too - for years - and I had beautiful skin! Just the last year and a half or so, it's obviously not doing what I need it to do. A 6-month long treatment with high-dose prednisone made my immune system really weak, my skin broke out like crazy, and I just cannot get my skin back to normal.
I am anxious to hear results of the prescription "phisohex" (sp?).
Re the hormone tests - I believe it would be an Endocrinologist for the best hormone testing - all kinds of hormones, not just "female" ones. Good luck.

Closed Thread