It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
(male)

BrokenSword HB User
Kaiser Health Plan Benefits?

So I recently found out that I'm insured with Kaiser Permanente I have a few questions that I'm hoping the community would be able to provide answers to; and yes I have tried calling the number printed on the card, the lady was no help at all, I waited nearly 10 minutes and when my call finally went through she told me to call another number which was the exact number that I dialed... yeah. Anyway, here are the questions below.

1. can I use this card to get a prescription for Retin-A micro?

2. is the card limited to Kaiser facilities only or can I get any certified dermatologist to write me up a prescription?

3. what's the process you go through in order to get a dermatologist to prescribe Retin-A micro?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Kaiser Health Plan Benefits?

You should have the name of a regular primary care doctor on your card with a number by it.You will probably have to go to this doctor first,and then they will refer you to a dermatologist within your plan.
If not,then you need to call that other lady back on the card and tell her you need a list of providers that accepts your insurance because you need to see a dermatologist.She will either give you a list of names to call,or send you a pamphlet of some kind with names of dermatologists.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread