It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
(male)

rajag123 HB User
Exclamation **acne and masturbation**

I have had acne since the age of 13, and I am currently an 18 year old male. Before, the acne started out as just a few pimples, but around the age of 15-17, I had massive breakouts that left a lot of scars on my face and an uneven skin tone on my cheeks. I still get about 5 new pimples every week, but it's slowly getting better.
I have tried countless products, been to three different dermatologists, tried OTC products, prescribed products, everything except accutane because I have heard about it's side effects and I cannot afford any of those as I am currently in university studying my butt off. My diet consists of fruits, veggies, no red meat, low sugar, LOTS of water and just an overall healthy lifestyle (I am fairly athletic as well). I shower everyday, use a face wash 2 times a day ( I have stopped using products because nothing worked, just made blemishes!). It has nothing to do with my lifestyle, I am very clean, get 6-8 hours of sleep a day, hardly drink, I don't smoke. I know what the problem is; it's masturbation. I have masturbated since the age of 11, and just about a year ago I have figured out what causes my acne. It's masturbation. Over the last year, I've gone from masturbating 3-5 times a day to 3-5 a week and my acne has improved. If I don't masturbate for 4 or 5 days, my face gets really clear and all my previous pimples started disappearing with no new breakouts. However, it is extremely hard for me to go further then that, and after I masturbate, by the next day or two I have three or four fresh new pimples on my face. I hate how people think acne due to masturbation is a myth, because I have tried this for dozens of weeks in the last year and it has held true over 90% of the time. I'm not saying that masturbation causes acne for EVERYONE, maybe the minority of people, but there are some cases where it does! I hate how there's no cure or advice given for people like me and it's just blown over as a myth. Can someone PLEASE give me advice as to what to do, what to take, if there's any medication that can kill off the hormones that cause acne after masturbation, because I've changed my life completely for this disease and now that I know what's causing it I don't know what to do about it. Yes I have reduced the frequency of masturbation, but I am an 18 year old male and get urges to do it a few time a week at most. So I request you; people that have been through this, doctors, dermatologists, scientists. PLEASE HELP ME!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
(male)

rajag123 HB User
Exclamation Re: **acne and masturbation**

Also, I am a fairly relaxed individual, and despite having acne I am fairly social and am not depressed. However there are obviously moments where I really wish I didn't have this disease, which is why I've tried so hard to get it to go away. And in my post i might have mentioned that I have figured out masturbation causes my acne. What I meant was that masturbation INCREASES the amount of acne I get. When I don't masturbate, I barely get any acne so if I completely stopped, the amount of acne I would get would be less (I'm not saying it would disappear 100%, but it would not be as severe).

Old 10-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
(male)

MG098 HB UserMG098 HB User
Re: **acne and masturbation**

I think you have a point, but what I realized helped control my acne was less stress and anxiety. Maybe while masturbating you have an increase in stress (at least temporarily lol) and increase in anxiety helping contribute to more acne?

-M

Old 11-08-2011, 04:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

They say it is not the masturbation itself that causes acne,but the hormones driving you to masturbate in the first place.Perhaps you should have your testosterone levels tested.Most guys your age have strong levels of testosterone,but it is possible you have higher then average levels.

You may want to look into TOPICAL spironolactone.Spironolactone blocks testosterone,so you can't take it orally because it will give you feminine effects like man breasts,but you can take it topically.Some men use it for thinning hair as well.

You may also want to try taking a supplement of Lycopene and Turmeric.
Lycopene is in tomatoes and is a natural antibacterial.You can take it orally or take a fresh tomato,slice it,and rub it on your face once a day.Let it dry and stay on for about 10 minutes and then rinse.
Turmeric is a spice that is known for anti inflammatory properties.Taken orally it can help with reducing the size and swelling of pimples.Used topically,it can also reduce size of pimples.

I also suggest a book called HEALING ADULT ACNE by Richard G. Fried.
It has some pretty helpful information in it.
It would be terrible to have to give up masturbation,especially at your age!
But I think you are right,there is probably a link involved with it and acne.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
(male)

pizza-face HB User

read that ''master bedding'' cause more DHT to increase oil production, in that case then take Vitamin B5 to reduce oil production.

seriously, ''master bedding'' 3-5 times daily ???!!!

Last edited by pizza-face; 01-05-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
(male)

johnsmith9875 HB User

Don't hold your breath while masturbating. It causes flushing of your skin and it can close the pores due to inflammation.

Closed Thread