It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

poozers HB User
acne, my medication and the rest of my body!

I have a probem! Basically, i am 26 and a girl! i suffer from acne, but I am currently on Roaccutane, or Accutane (for about 3 weeks now). i find it brilliant so far! really working!!
My problem is is that I have VERY itchy armpits and pubic region! i have to shave them because the more stubble thats there, the itchier they get!!! its driving me mad to a point that i wake up in the middle of the night with it! i put Sudocream on it my armpits and pubic area before i go to sleep hoping that will do for the night and keep it at bay, but still i awake 2-3 times a night! and its affecting my sleep and making me extremely tired!! now, i am 90% sure that it isnt the roaccutane causing it, as i had this problem for the past 6 -7 weeks, id say! long before i started taking the roaccutane i know!

but a bit about my acne history, my derm tried me on a few different antibiotics before going straight onto Roaccutane. She gave me Tetralysal first, which caused really severe thrush, and yeast infections!!! these infections would nearly drive me to the brink of insanity they were so frustrating. So my derm told me to stop taking the tetralysal, and my infections calmed down!
Then, at my next appointment with her, she gave me Mimocin. Which after only 2 weeks, caused severe gastritis. My stomach was in bits, i was missing work over it and it ruined my whole summer (i was also under a lot of stress in work, and no doubt that added to my bad stomach). But i stopped taking the mimocin in early June, and it's only in the last month my stomach is getting back to normal! it was horrible!!
So at first i was a bit nervous about taking the roaccutane because of the side affects, but everything seems to be going fine so far!! i am well aware of the mental side affects too, and i know ive only be taking it 3 weeks, but so far so good! i will be taking the roaccutane for 6 months with a check up with my derm every 2 months!
Anyway, has anyone else had any itchy problems like mine??? i know thrush is a fungal infection, but i dont suffer from inner vaginal infections anymore, only around my vagina and my armpits. could it be an outer fungal infection??? I am sexually active with my partner of 3 years, and no one else, so its not sexually transmitted!
any opinions would be great, or even if anyone has had the same bad luck as i have had with acne medication!!!

Last edited by poozers; 11-01-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread