It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
(female)

merissa555 HB User
Unhappy Acne spirolacton and trinessa

Hey guys, I have had trouble with acne for three years. I am a teen. My doctor told me that i have mild acne. And that it is the kind that does not scar. About a year ago i got put on doxy for acne. No improvement so I quit taking it. My doctor about one month ago put me on spiro and trinessa for acne reasons. I have not missed a day of taking either. For my spiro I am prescribed with 25mgs, taken once a day. All that girls that I am friends with at school have perfectly clear faces. I am so jealous. I am always putting blemish treatment, washing my face... Trying to improve it so far with spiro and trinessa I havnt seen to much a diffrence. My cousin is 20 and on spiro and a bith control and her complexion in so clear.

How long do u think it will take it for both my prescriptions to fully kick in? For my trinessa birth control i will be taking a dark blue color next. I wash my face with benzoyle peroxide every night and glaze my face with aveeno mosterizor after. I shower once a day and my face is oily. If u have any comments, tips, ideas, or storys to reply with or share, please please do(: thanks guys!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-02-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
(male)

audioengineer HB User
Re: Acne spirolacton and trinessa

Hey Merissa555,

I went through the same issue in my early teens! I would go through all the precautionary steps to ridding myself of acne and preventing further acne, but nothing would ever work. All my friends had clear skin and I was the one with two cheeks, a chin, and back full of acne! Stress causes acne and the fact that you have it and others do not probably causes you some stress leading to more acne for yourself! I found that the best way to fight my acne was by following my daily regimens of pills, washes, and wipes, while also dealing with the stress I had in high school. Also maybe try changing your pillow cases and sheets more often, I've heard that helps also.

Try not to compare yourself to others, you are fine no matter how much or how little acne you have. Don't feel like you have to compete with anyone, because in reality these girls will mean nothing to you after you leave high school, so for the time being worry more about your studies and less about your appearance!

Good luck,

audioengineer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
(male)

MG098 HB UserMG098 HB User

Agreed with the post above. The more you think about it, unfortunately, the more you will continue to have acne.

Try not stressing about it! I know it can be hard but you have to do it.

Don't think about it, try to go 1 week without thinking about your acne and see if it will decrease.

-M

Old 11-08-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

25mg is a very low dose,so if you don't see improvement you may want to ask for at least 50mg.

I have been on spiro for a year and a half,and it really does work well.Especially for the oily skin.I'm on 100mg a day and I NEVER get even one single pimple anymore.
I have heard for some people it can take a few months to see full benefits. The first two weeks for me it seemed to make my acne a little worse,but it will get better! Definitely hang in there!

Closed Thread