It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
(female)

AprylW HB User
My acne.

Hi. I wanted to share my own account on acne experiences here, in hopes that MAAAYYYBE....Even one question could be answered. This will be rather long, but I need to articulate.

I've had acne since about the time I started menstruating, etc., so it started out as a typical pubescent/hormonal/etc. physical thing that just about any teenager will endure, and back in high school, it was actually much worse. Example, I got it really bad on the bridge of my nose and my forehead, but now there is hardly anything in that area. It was also excessively acnefied around the center of my cheeks...Now I mostly get it in an odd pattern around the corners of my mouth up onto my cheeks and on either side of my chin...sort of parallel with the molars at its focal point..........which is awesome, because this also makes it appear that I'm infected with herpes.

So...I'd say that I have a few dozen tiny red bumps that never leave, spattered all over my face. I have two or three large acne scars, forming very slight bumps, dark in color. Then I've got the three to five significant zits that appear and then leave, while the previously mentioned marks are always there. On top of that, I have super-fair skin, and sun-tanning doesn't work out...So I'm pasty, even in the summer.

I'm nearly 25, now...and still, I fail to conquer this barf-inducing skin I'm sacked with. I want to give up.

I wear makeup to work often, but it's as little as possible, given its contents - some sort of liquid foundation, and some cheaper mineral powder - and outside of work I do what I can to leave it off...until I'm going out. I know makeup tends to worsen this condition, but the acne is ALWAYS disgusting, at least from what I can tell if I'm peering up close in a dim-lit mirror, or merely glancing in a flourescent-lit mirror [such as the ones where I work]...And when I study other womens' faces, generally taking place in probably many types of lighting - and I study them HARD - they ALWAYS appear to have flawless skin. I don't understand why I don't. No matter what I do, what I eat, it's always disgusting, and I'm always gross, and I am getting desperate, I've grown to hate and avoid mirrors, I tense up if someone -with nice skin - is standing really close to me, and it's a huge contribution to my severely low self-esteem.

If I'm in dim lighting, I can't really tell, and poor lighting often gives me a huge boost in confidence.

I have used SO many products. Benzoyl peroxide ointment is actually caked all over my face right now, I've used astringents, the Stridex-type pads, natural [always doing my best to stick to this] and non-natural cleanser washes, over and over, nothing works. I can't afford the Pro-Activ or Clinique systems [don't even trust them enough to throw that much money at the companies, I hear they don't work for everyone], and I am highly concerned about how the general treatments affect my skin, that they're never cruelty-free, and other important details I look for in products.

As for foods and drinks....I don't know which sources are best [all of which are so different from one another], I don't know which foods are causing it, I don't even know how to adjust my serving sizes.

Guess that's all my info...Maybe I'm stuck with an ugly face, maybe I've come to the right place, where the solution to make my appearance less nauseating is available. This place seems legit. I am eternally grateful for your responses and efforts to help me out, but I'd like to, as kindly as I possibly can, request that you refrain from the, ''don't forget, it's what's on the inside that counts,'' or, ''You ARE beautiful!"

I'm REEEALLY tired of hearing that. I'm neither of those things. They don't lessen the problem. So please don't say it, no offense. I'm just here for a real solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
(male)

MG098 HB UserMG098 HB User
Re: My acne.

Apryl,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I know it can be hard to express oneself this much.

I know you say you are eating healthy, but what do you mean by this? Are you eating "healthy whole grains"?

Give me a bit of a description of your daily diet.

-M

Old 11-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
(female)

poozers HB User

Hi apryl!!
im 26 and suffer the same as you! to me it seems as if NO ONE i talk to in person suffers the same as me, when i look at people i am talking to and they have flawless skin, as if they never even heard of what a spot was!!! it really depresses me!!!
have you ever gone to your doctor or ever tried antibiotics??? i recommend you do go!
i am currently on a drug for my acne, and its working so far! i hope to be spot free in about 4 and half months!!! (not getting my hopes up too much mind you!!)
as i said in another thread, for years i tried acupuncture, alternative medicines, home made all natural facemasks, dieting, drinking more water than i could swallow!!!! nothing worked! AND i spent a fortune a few years ago and tried Clinique!! i was one of the people it did NOT work for! it made my skin raw and sore, and it even felt burnt!! until last march, i dont know what happened but my acne got worse than it ever was! i went to my doctor cos i ws just totally fed up with it, and i regret not going years and years ago!!
with make up and stuff, i use oil free moisturisers, i wash my face with cheap face wash from health food stores, and i use mousse foundation. i used Pan Stick one time a few years back, and i broke out anywhere it touched!!! but the mousse has been working good for me for the last year or so!
hope i helped a little! i know its not a quick solution, but it might work a bit for you! good luck and let us know how your are getting on!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
(female)

AprylW HB User

Hey, since my post I actually found something I think may actually be working, and I've put together a new regimen of mask, wash, astringent, spot treatment....I'm using Aztec Indian Healing Mask, and I think I'm already beginning to notice a difference.

Then I switched to some Yes to Carrots cleansing wash, which I hear good about, then an astringent of apple cider vinegar and water, and then the old benzoyl peroxide spot treatment -not sure if I'll be changing that soon, maybe - And I will keep you updated. Maybe you will have some luck with that as well...

Closed Thread