It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
(female)

NE lady HB User
Answer to my Skin/Health Problems...Body PH?

I just wanted to share this information in case it might help others....

I am a middle-aged woman who has been healthy my entire life up until almost six years ago. I was running my own business that was very physically and mentally straining. It was then that I decided to start a "healthy" diet that included lots of Soy Milk and Miso soup for lunch. My body started breaking down until I got to the point that I could hardly stand up or stay awake. Then I got a very sore throat which I thought was Strep Throat. I didn't go to the doctor until it got to the point that I couldn't eat, drink or swallow my own spit. By then, it was too late. I was in such bad shape that when I did finally go see my doctor, he drove me to the emergency room himself! I tested positive for a Viral Infection, Mononucleosis and I also had Epiglotitis, which had cut off my ability to swallow and was starting to cut off my ability to breath. I was rushed to an Emergency Center and was Intubated and put into an Induced Coma for 5 days.
Upon my return home and recovery, I closed my business down (we figured this was all stress induced....which was definately a Factor). A few weeks later, I developed horrible, Perioral Acne that lasted for almost a year. I did the typical Prednisone, Antibiotics, Steroid Creams....nothing worked and finally it just disappeared.
Almost a year ago, I developed horribly painful Eczema over my entire body....again, the same treatment, but it finally just seemed to leave me when it felt like it.
About 3 months ago, I passed a large, horribly painful Kidney Stone.
Just 2 1/2 weeks ago, I applied a name brand lip balm and woke up in the morning to horribly swelled lips that weeped fluid, peeled, cracked and felt like they were on fire. I assumed it was a reaction to too much Peppermint Oil...which is probably what started it....but then it turned into full-blown Perioral Dermatitis around my entire mouth. I also started feeling awful....tired, lethargic, shaking, trouble catching my breath...I feared I must be allergic to something.
Every time something else would develop, the only explanation I could get was "It's just bad luck".
I started doing research and decided that I had found the culprit....Soy....it was the only constant factor in all of my episodes. So I started watching everything I ate to make sure it didn't contain soy (not an easy feat...it's in almost everything now) but I didn't seem to be getting better. I started to worry that I had an Auto-Immune Disease or Lupus.
Last night was the worse night ever. We had what we thought was a very healthy dinner....steaks, potaoes and salad (which I only dared to put a little Olive Oil on). I didn't even make it half way through my meal and I started shaking uncontrollably and had to go to bed. I literally thought I was dying. I cried and cried and I prayed to God to guide me to find out what was wrong with me. After I calmed down a bit I lay there and thought...."I'm out of balance....something feels out of balance". I don't know why but I started remembering something about Soy being Acidic and I started thinking "what if I tried eating something that is Alkaline?". So, first thing in the morning, I did a search for "Alkaline Foods" and I was brought to a site that had complete lists of Alkaline Foods and Acidic Foods. Then I started finding more information on how, when your body gets out of balance on PH...very Acidic...it brings on all kinds of health problems, including lethargy, immune deficiency and kidney stones...among many others.
I couldn't believe it when I started going over the list and saw that, even though I was trying to eat healthy, I was choosing almost entirely from foods on the Acidic side of the list! This morning I was still feeling yucky and tired and I decided to try some foods from the Alkaline side, so I had a Banana. Honestly, I started to feel a bit better in minutes. I was shocked to see that Lemons and Limes, although very acidic, cause an Alkaline reaction in the body, so I got a big glass of water and added some Lime Juice to it. By the time I finished it, I felt even better....so I had another glass. I called my husband to tell him how wonderful I was starting to feel and my crazy idea.
I just had a Lettuce and Carrot Salad for lunch with a bit of Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar and I really am feeling a lot better.
I had a bit of Grapefruit Seed Extract, so I added that to some Olive Oil and Vitamin E and have been applying it to my lips, along with a washcloth soaked in Cold Water with a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar. My lips feel a bit better (although I know it will take more than a day for them to heal).
I also should note that, during the course of all of this, I had to urinate way too many times in a day than normal and I feel this was my body's way of trying to flush out the extra acid???? I know that out tap water is soft (acidic) so I keep adding the lime juice to it and already I have drank several glasses and only had to urinate twice.
Oh, and I also need to mention that stress will make your body produce extra acid...I believe it is Lactic Acid, so that would explain a lot for me on my flare-ups....they all seemed to happen during periods of stress (physically and/or mentally).

I go to the Doctor in a couple hours and I am going to run all of this by him and also have him test me for a Soy Allergy (just to be on the safe side), but I really feel that this is the answer to my Prayers.
I only hope that my story will help others, especially an innocent child or someone who has been suffering their whole life from forms of Dermatitis and/or Eczema. I don't know if this is the answer but I know it explains so much for me and I feel like I have to share. It may be premature to post this and I hope to give a follow-up post in a few days on an update of my condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply