It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
(male)

LAxbros16 HB User
Post Accutane

so my mom doesn't think i should take Accutane, because she is scared about the side effects. if anyone can tell me if their parents weren't sure of them taking this drug either, and what happened that be very helpful.

thanks!

Last edited by LAxbros16; 12-09-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
(male)

Golvadok HB User
Re: Accutane

I warn you! Don't do it! I was on accutane course 6 months 20mg, i was happy in the start but now i want to go back in time. My face is now clear but i have suffered insomnia, lower back and joints pain and i spent a lot of money on it. I suggest you eat cleaner and exercise.

Peace.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

RoGu HB User

I got on Accutane 2 years ago and I am so happy I did! I had cystic acne at the time I started. I've suffered with acne since the age of 11 and I am now 27. I was on Accutane for 5 months. I had very dry skin which I used cerVa and aquaphor to help, which it did! I had no other side effects and still to this day! My skin is now beautiful but I still do get a pimple here and there but is nothing like I use to have! I too was hesitate to get on but your doctor should watch you closely. My derm did!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
(female)

ohdisco HB User

I was 16 when my doctors told my mom and I that the last thing we could try was Accutane. I had been on literally every other acne medication but they would always stop working after a couple of months. My mom was really hesitant, seeing as I'd had a lot of trouble with depression in the past and was already in therapy twice a week. I felt that it would raise my self-confidence and help my insecurities.

I am so grateful that my mom decided to let it happen. The only side effect I had was dry lips. The rest of my skin stayed pretty much the same (I had normal skin type on my body) besides my face which got less oily. It took me longer to complete the 6 month therapy because I got extremely sick for a month and I was on so many cold medications and antibiotics that they thought it would be easier to just stop the Accutane for the duration of my illness.

The only bad experience with Accutane was when I was flying to London and I forgot my aquaphor. Being in a dry environment for 11 hours with no moisture relief? It was like my mouth was in death valley, baking in the extreme heat. I was awake the entire flight because it was so uncomfortable (I don't sleep well on planes in the first place) and I had a red ring around my mouth almost my entire vacation.

I had no problems with my depression getting worse and I didn't have mood swings, but like others have said everyone is different.

The following user gives a hug of support to ohdisco:
Zaradrea (01-22-2012)
Reply Reply