It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #16
(female)

asianpeanut HB User
Re: Please help, will do anything

@PizzaFace (I hate saying that BTW!),

How is that natural remedy regimen doing for you? I haven't seen you post in awhile and am curious how it's working. I've been scouring the internet trying to find acne success stories with natural remedies. Let me know how it's going for you! Thanks!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #17
(male)

pizza-face HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianpeanut View Post
@PizzaFace (I hate saying that BTW!),

How is that natural remedy regimen doing for you? I haven't seen you post in awhile and am curious how it's working. I've been scouring the internet trying to find acne success stories with natural remedies. Let me know how it's going for you! Thanks!

as long as i can eliminate refined sugar, wheat and caffeine..........seems okay but impossible to eliminate them totally so not expecting 100% clear skin........

MSM powder taken orally with vit C + MSM cream are working to fade scars

recently taking vit A (from fish oil) at 25,000IU daily + vit D3 (from lanolin) at 10,000IU daily and after an initial breakout, things are improving so hope that will continue to work.......

went back to African black soap now..........drying but helps to fade scars quite quickly...........

controlling hormones and blood sugar levels are vital..........so trying supplements to control these 2 will work........

now, i'm gonna order vit C with bioflavanoids and try to repair my Adrenal Fatigue.............if adrenals improve function, will improve hormonal control = help control acne...........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
(female)

raziel1687 HB User
Smile Re: Please help, will do anything

I have had bad acne since I was 13 and now I'm 25, I'm just now starting to get it to clear up, and by how?

1. Do NOT drink anymore sugary drinks (I think what you drink has a more major effect on your body than what you eat), so no milk, no juice, no soda, no wine, NOTHING with any kind of sugar. Only drink water, tea (w/o sugar), club soda with lemon is fine, or something to that nature.

DO drinks LOTS of water! Stay hydrated.

2. Stop eating processed foods, as Wheat especially contains a lot of carbs which equals SUGAR! If you are consuming too much sugars and carbs, your body can only process it so fast, and then overload will just be exported out through your skin, and bacteria love sugar.

3. Do not wash your face with a washcloth, only use your hands, and use very mild soap for sensitive skin, always use moisturizer with SPF.

4. Use an aspirin honey scrub 2-3 times a week. Just crush up some aspirin, squirt some honey onto it (make sure it's 100% real honey and not honey with corn syrup in it). and scrub it onto your face for a good 2-3 minutes, then rinse with water. Your skin will feel so much softer afterwards.

5. I use this stuff called Benzaclyn I got from my doctor. I usually don't trust these acne medications, as they never work. But I think it's a boost to my already working regimen. It contains the usualy Benzoyl Peroxide, but it also has Clindamycin which is making the difference, it's a type of antibiotic. And so far no dry skin (I only use a minute amount on the problem areas).

That's my advice, and it's what has worked for me.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
(female)

asianpeanut HB User

Thanks for the update! Yes, it is hard to keep the diet super clean all the time. I have heard of this African black soap from other posts and it seems like it works pretty well. I have also found in my research online that probiotics seem to be very effective. You might want to purchase some low-sugar kefir or a supplement with probiotics.

Keep me posted and thanks!

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-10-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #20
(female)

asianpeanut HB User

@Raziel,

Thanks so much for sharing with us your story and what has worked for you. I too am finding that eating the right foods, especially eliminating sugar and carbs is making a huge difference. And strange coincidence is that I just picked up a box of the Benzaclyn yesterday! I am in Turkey right now and you can get it over the counter at the pharmacy. I have never seen it before, but it seems like a good formulation and I like how it doesn't dry out my skin. We don't have this in the United States.

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-10-2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Please do not request any off-board contact, or post contact information. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #21
(male)

rejuvinated HB User

First step is to find a REALLY good dermatologist. The right dermatologist would be able to provide you with the best possible treatment. Although Accutane is one of the treatment, it's long term effects to your liver. My dermatologist avoided prescribing this to me during the course of my treatment for adult acne. Instead, she started me with doxycyline for 90 days to combat the acne causing bacteria internally. Then she followed this up with the topical antibiotics trying out differin, benzaclin, and then eventually Tazorac as the last resort. The latter worked miracles although a very powerful exfoliant. I was on Tazorac for a good two years and it really worked wonders. Not only did my acne disappear, but also helped maintain my skin. It also help to use a very mild facial cleanser such as cetaphil for sensitive skin. So now the adult acne is gone.

Closed Thread