It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
(female)

pianoprincesse HB User
Acne can be cured.

Hello Everyone,

I apologize that I'm not reading this entire thread right now... but I can imagine the suffering everyone is having. There is nothing worse than feeling that something is wrong with the physical appearance of your own face.

I wanted everyone to know that I had very bad acne : and with 4-5 light treatments at dermatologist (in about2-3 months) : It was cured : gone, no acne at all left. After one year, the acne scarring was gone.

I went back about once a year for another treatment to keep it at bay from coming up again. In last 3 years, I have no longer needed to be treated as it is permanately gone.

Please everyone: do not waste your money or time on any product that hurts your face. Just simply save your money up to get these light treatments and that will be the end of your acne. Trust me!! You won't need to spend money every week on face washes, or creams : Add up how much money your other prescriptions and over the counter treatments are for acne, even your face washes and astringents. I don't even wash my face with anything anymore actually.. I don't need to : warm shower water is enough for me (I don't wear make-up) The mony you spend year round will be way more than just paying for a touch up light treatment once a year. It would only cost about 12 dollars a month out of your monthly budget to save up for your once a year light treatment...and you probably won't have to do it forever.

It's an initial investmenat at first. I think it cost around 200 dollars per treatment (might be less or more now) and probably less the more you "sign up for."

I just thought Id' type this up now rather than applying to individual threads.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
(female)

Beelucious HB User
Re: Acne can be cured.

No, you're wrong! for the most of us with underlying hormonal disorders (PCOS or otherwise) it certainly can be ''managed'' with various treatments but it can't be cured as in you take a miracle pill ( the falsely touted Accutane) and it disappears totally, it just doesn't work that way. The treatment you described (Heliotherapy) only is mildly effective at treating ''bacterial'' minimal strain Acne Vulgaris, as it burns away the bacteria within the pore and sac, but it certainly will not work worth a damn if the Acne is hormonal in origin and testosterone is constantly inflaming the hair follicle - than it just becomes a waste of money. I'm glad your garden variety strain of Acne has been ''cured'' but what benefited you won't necessarily benefit the majority.

Last edited by Beelucious; 12-28-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
(female)

pianoprincesse HB User

I do have PCOS. That is my underlying Acne problem. It is hormonal and testosterone based. I have severely high levels of testosterone in my body that I have not been able to treat yet.

Last edited by pianoprincesse; 12-28-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
(female)

pianoprincesse HB User

However, I will need to get the exact name of what was done because I cannot confirm or deny the name you gave. I was going to check up on that after my tonsillectomy healed up and I will check.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
(female)

Beelucious HB User

Oh okay, I'm sorry - I thought you were one of those types that just only needed the Proactive and Tetracycline route for just moderate Acne (like so many others on here) and found light therapy effective only because you had a regular strain. There's a lot of teenagers on here writing in all this stupid like ''Proactive healed me'' and '' I wash my face eight times a day and don't eat chocolate anymore and my Acne is gone, you guys should do the same'' ect. - it just gets irritating.

I'm sure you're on Spironolactone as well right! PCOS Acne needs a lot more than topical therapies to keep it at bay, it needs a whole system.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
(female)

Beelucious HB User

Oh okay, I'm sorry - I thought you were one of those types that just only needed the Proactive and Tetracycline route for just moderate Acne (like so many others on here) and found light therapy effective only because you had a regular strain. There's a lot of teenagers on here writing in all this stupid like ''Proactive healed me'' and '' I wash my face eight times a day and don't eat chocolate anymore and my Acne is gone, you guys should do the same'' ect. - it just gets irritating.

I'm sure you're on Spironolactone as well right! PCOS Acne needs a lot more than topical therapies to keep it at bay, it needs a whole system.

The following user gives a hug of support to Beelucious:
pianoprincesse (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
(female)

pianoprincesse HB User

I'm sorry too. I think we are both coming from the same anger when people don't understand things. I had no idea about people posting "wash your face" or "don't eat chocolate." but I remember lots of teens when I was a teeen saying things like that and it really hurt my feelings back then. I actually started getting acne at onset of puberty about 9 years old,my face looked like a 12 yr old acne case when I was 10 . ( probly the PCOS) I tried every thing possible - and i remember my face just looking sunburned all the time and peeling dead skin off all the time. When I was 16 is when I finally did get to start having light therapy (I still need to find name) It was my birthday and christmas presents from parents : its what i wanted to try. It wasn't immediate response however : Long time for scars to go away.
By 17 I did have my face clearing up but I still felt like I had acne. I'm 22 now and only when I have high stress will I ocassionaly break out.

Sadly, I'm not able to treat PCOS well at all. I couldn't swallow pills for along time (just had my throat stretched in summer, then developed tonsil stones and had my tonsils out just last thursday.) I can't wait to be able to try swallowing pills and see if I can get ahandle on PCOS. I have lots of medical problems that make me on edge sometimes. I'm guessing you have problems too that affect you a lot.

Believe it or not : I've had acid reflux, hyperhidrosis, depression/anxiety/panic attacks, Overactive Bladder symptoms (Actually Interstial Cystitis,) PCOS with its whole crew of problems attacking your body, Insulin resistance, endometriosis, IBS, and migraine headaches to top it off. (terrrible periods lasting 14 days heavy).

I'm ashamed of myself for not posting in my profile the truth of all the problems I do suffer from (seems unreal for just 22.) Sometimes I feel like I'm doing something wrong to cause it all to happen and other times people don't believe me.

Maybe we can actually be friends. I'll do some slight editing above. I rarely type in Caps in posts. I think I felt same as you.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
(female)

Beelucious HB User

You sound eerily like me, well at least your medical history. I first had the beginnings of Acne at age nine (see my other post) way before I had even had my first menstrual period or even went through puberty so it seemed almost too cruel at the the time, and weird you mention the story about you getting light therapy as a present from your parents for your birthday, because back when I turned seventeen most of my birthday and Christmas money ( I was born on Christmas eve) was spent on paying for Accutane and Stieva-A acid gel cream - I still remember that day and how miserable I felt, it was such a sh*t time. I also just turned 22 too (weird lol).

You're not going to believe this but for the longest time I couldn't swallow pills either due to a blocked salivary gland ( I developed this when I was 15, turned out to be a stone) and every time I tried to swallow a pill it would get stuck in my throat and I would freak out, so I would either have to crush them up in my mouth and tolerate the terrible taste or skip out on them ( those big horse pills were just impossible). I was also diagnosed with Migraine with Aura in the Summer time (onset) and had to discontinue birth control because it was putting me at risk for having a stroke and it was already affecting my visual coordination (which was absolutely terrifying, my vision just started going blurry and I lost my balance a couple of times) so a Neurologist told me to go off the drug immediately. I don't have a PCOS diagnosis but I believe I have some form of it that is going undetected, nothing shows up abnormal in my blood tests or ultrasounds and my periods are normal but I do have the physical symptoms of high Androgens - mild Hirsutism, Acne and I have to fight like hell to keep at a thin to normal weight, I had nearly every single endocrinologist stumped, still looking for answers, but was prescribed Spironolactone anyway just to block any Androgen receptors.

I'm sorry you have to go through this, I feel the same way - like I'm doing something wrong or missing out on something that I'm supposed to be doing but it's simply not true, we're doing everything right it's just that the body doesn't want to cooperate. It still makes me furious when people criticize my skin on the days when I choose to go without makeup and tell me I should see a ''dermatologist'' - Ahh! that gets me so mad, I literally turn beat red, I always tell them I've been seeing one since I was twelve but they continue to go one about Proactive and say stuff like ''Have you tried Proactive yet, it really helped my fourteen year old step-son, if it didn't work for you then you didn't use it right'' - they're so ignorant.

Last edited by Beelucious; 12-28-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
(female)

maiyen HB Usermaiyen HB User

Hi pianoprincess,

I just wanted to comment about PCOS. I have that as well and I'm sorry that you are unable to treat it properly. I also have a high level of testosterone and have been taking Spironolactone and the pill which are currently keeping things in check. I know that you are having some problems now that won't allow you to take any pills, but when you are finally able to...the pill has taken the cyst pain away (for the most part) and regulated my cycle so it's not nearly as painful as what it was, and Spiro has gotten rid of the acne. I wasn't severe where I needed Accutane or anything, but nothing that I tried previously (face washes, prescription meds like Differin, Retin-A, changing my diet, etc) worked.

I wish both of you the best of luck.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
(male)

Tarous HB User

Thanks for sharing wonderful information about acne. No doubt that acne can be cured. It depends on us that which method we choose natural or other. We can get rid of acne with the help of green tea. Water is also beneficial. We should drink lot of water and avoid the use of oily food because oily food causes acne.

Reply Reply