It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

lovealways HB User
Unhappy Helpp!! Acne outburst

I'm 19 years old an I have never had a problem with acne, I get an occasional pimple here and there but I always wash my face everyday. Recently I've had a HUGE outburst of acne around the sides of my face and chin. I dot know why it just recently popped up. Self confindence isnt My strongest point, so this is now depressing me and making Me want to hide away. I don't know why to do please help!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
(male)

pizza-face HB User
Re: Helpp!! Acne outburst

go see my replies in the other thread ''Please Help, Will Try Anything'' for my replies............

i suffered greatly but the things i used (mentioned in that threat) helped me put things under control again..............especially the last post regarding the MSM soap i've been using, it's the best soap/cleanser i've used so far.............and the cheapest too !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

MG098 HB UserMG098 HB User

I feel your pain you definitely should not hide almost everyone has acne at some point in their lives.

What are you using for a facial cleaner? My first thought is that you had an allergic reaction to something.

Let us know.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
(male)

MG098 HB UserMG098 HB User

I feel your pain you definitely should not hide almost everyone has acne at some point in their lives.

What are you using for a facial cleaner? My first thought is that you had an allergic reaction to something.

Let us know.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Because the acne is on the sides of your face and your chin,it's possible it could be from talking on your cell phone. Cell phones harvest more bacteria then a toilet seat,so if you hold the phone against your cheek or chin,it could give you pimples there.
Make sure you are changing your pillow cases regularly,and if you use a make up brush,make sure you wash and disinfect those too.

If your hair is oily,try to keep it off of your face.Do not rest your hands on your face or chin.Do not touch your face.

What kind of face wash are you using? Most face washes don't do much against acne because they aren't on your face long enough.Using one that aims to kill bacteria is the best bet,something with Benzoyl peroxide (I like Panoxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash,or Oxy).
Then it helps to use a light,non greasy lotion like Neutrogena rapid clear acne defense lotion with Salicylic acid.

If over the counter acne meds don't help,then it may be time to see a dermatologist.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 03-31-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Closed Thread