It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
(female)

popss HB User
how long does it take to see results with diane35 for acne?

Hi guys, i know there is a million posts probably very similar to mine, but if you can offer advice or have any stories or suggestions I would be very greatful.

So, basically when I was younger, in my teens, I went on roaccuatane as I had severe acne (cystic) gross, red, everywhere. This was when I was about 14 and it cleared up, i forget how long it took but honestly I had the most beautiful skin. I would get a pimple every so often - but mostly when I was lazy with skin cleanlines etc.

Anyway, I am now 20 and all of a sudden I started breaking out, it was really gradual. First I had lots of really tiny bumps on the side of my cheeks and jaw and i didn't really think anything of it, but then as the months went by these 'little bumps'became pimples and right now I have like 10 huge zits. I am getting some scarring and it is truly awful to have to deal with this again. It's no whereas bad as what I experienced as a teenager, but I just don't understand!

So, I got fed up and went to visit the doctor and he suggested Diane 35. I am now going into week 2 of my second pack and I have broken out like crazy!

I guess I want to know A) How do I know if this will even clear my skin up? Is it only for hormonal acne? B) How do I know if I have hormonal acne! C) When can I start seeing results? I was on it for a month and when I got my first period on it (last week) my skin looked like it was clearing up and then this week it was a **** storm. What is going on! It seems like it gets clear for a few days then I break out like crazy. When did you guys start seeing results? The idea of waiting like 7 months terrifies me.

I have done some research and it seems to be hormonal, but I guess I am just freaking out a little bit that this won't even work. My usual bubbly, friendly self is starting to feel really self conscious because of my skin, it sucks!

Please, I'd love to hear you stories!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
(female)

PleaseHelpJD HB User
Re: how long does it take to see results with diane35 for acne?

Hi popss,

I just started Diane 35 a week and a half ago for my acne and my face is still breaking out as well. I was told by a pharmacist whos daughter was breaking out as well and went on Diane 35 that it took 2-3 months for it to finally work for her. In the end it did work though and I'm hoping for the same results. Like anything though, it gets worse before it gets better. Hang in there.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
(female)

popss HB User

Thanks PleaseHelpJD.

It's hard just waiting. I thought my skin was clearing up for the last week and then bam! 3 big ones on my jaw.

How is your skin going?

What kind of acne did the girl have that you mentioned? I think mine is definetly hormone related. It seems to pop up when I get super anxious and around my period.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
(female)

PleaseHelpJD HB User

Still the same and waiting. Mine is definitely hormone related its all on my chin and some on my cheeks from stress. I'm not too sure what kind of acne the girl had but I'm going to guess hormone as well since they put her on that pill to balance her hormones. It's been 2 weeks now for me so I have a ways to go before I can hope to see any improvements. I'm also trying a face treatment called Bioderma its supposed to keep from removing your protective oils from your face so I hope this works! I've seen a bit of an improvement from it but they seem to pop up so fast that once I get rid of some more come.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
(female)

popss HB User

I'm nearly at the end of month 2. For the last 2 weeks my skin has been breaking out so badly, but to be honest right now it's looking pretty damn good I am worried it's only temporary, sigh.. we shall see what happens. Is it too early for it to be clear or does it just depend on your body? Feeling a bit more positive now though, my skin does look somewhat healthier or something. Are you noticing any side effects?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
(female)

PleaseHelpJD HB User

Oh that's great to hear! No I don't think it's too early at all, it definitely depends on your body but 2-4 months is when you should start noticing a change. Well there may be hope for me yet! I'm nearly at the end of my first package and so far just more acne all over my chin and a couple on my cheeks and forehead but other than that I'm just extremely emotional on this pill, no other side effects. I just started trying soaking my face in Epsom Salt and lukewarm water and it took away all my white heads, also a Epsom Salt mask is good to do twice a day it pulls out all the bacteria.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
(female)

popss HB User

Yeah I've got one on my jaw and two tiny ones on my cheek, but honestly they look like nothing compared to recent times. Too good to be true. Now to start dealing with the scars I have from my breakouts. I can cover them with makeup (which i am sick of wearing) but I have porcelain white skin so they stand out so much. Do you know any good remedies? I can't really use harsh chemicals (super sensitive skin) so i tend to use organic/natural products or remedies. Also, I have been taking a Vitamin A capsule everyday for the past 2 weeks, a lot of people claim to think that vitamin A is really good for acne, so I thought i'd give that a go... I have been really emotional as well and quite nauseous. I am starting to feel a bit more sane now. Had my fair share of sad episodes though.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
(female)

noluckme HB User
Post Re: how long does it take to see results with diane35 for acne?

I have been on Diane 35 for almost a year now and it hasn't been working for me. I have tried every over the counter face product and nothing helped. I was on Minocycline (an antibiotic) which helped to perfection but I went off of it after 6 months bcuz it was supposed to have diminished breakouts after that period but right after I broke out in a rage again. I mostly get my breakouts near my chin, lips and jaw, the odd forehead one.I am going to go back on Minocycline but ill have to be on that for life it seems in order to control my acne. I hope the best to you both for Diane. what works for everyone else never works for me

Old 12-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
(female)

popss HB User
Smile Re: how long does it take to see results with diane35 for acne?

i feel you, acne can be seriously depressing. i have been on diane for about 7 months now i think and it has worked very well for me to be honest and although i am still not completely happy with my skin yet.. it's a big improvement. i was hoping i would be one of those people that clear up in 4 months but no such luck. it was very teasing.. it would clear my skin for a week and i would be like omg it's worked! then 2 days later i would break out in rage again. it was very discouraging. i am happy to say i no longer get cycstic pimples anymore although i do get little pimples every so often sometimes a few at a time but even though i hate it, i can cover it up with some powder pretty well, but i feel normal. i really hope you find something that works for you, i understand how exhausting it can be sometimes. i have had it since i was young and went on accutane which worked beautifully but my acne came back a few years later and it was devastating for me. i am surprised diane didn't work for you, my breakouts happen exactly where yours do and mine is definitely hormonal. everyones bodies are different, wish we knew what was going on!

Closed Thread