It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Acne and bumps on back of neck and scalp line

Does anyone else every get acne or raised bumps on the back of your neck and scalpline? Its so weird. I have never had this before until the last year. It comes and goes throughout the month. They do get heads on them and sorry to be gross. I just keep picking at them. I don't have acne on any other place in my body. Is this from monthly hormones? Why my neck? Is it because of menopause? My doctor thinks its a breakout from perhaps a necklace I could be allergic to. I don't always wear necklaces and it still happens. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Thanks so much for any replies.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
(female)

xilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB User
Re: Acne and bumps on back of neck and scalp line

I don't know if you ever go in for an annual skin check-up --- but perhaps you'd like to consider it. Skin docs are very efficient -- and have meds for exactly what you are describing. I have had what you are describing behind my ears -- because by wearing a shower cap and only really scrubbing behind my ears when I washed my hair twice a week, oil was beginning to form acne-type bumps as I aged. Very efficient meds and creams are available....... by prescription.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Certain shampoos can cause this type of buildup on the neck and behind the ears too...if the shampoo is strong, or has a high Ph, and you arent getting it all off your skin when you wash your hair, the residue may be causing this...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
(male)

Tigrillo HB User

Hi listen I have the same little problem except I don't go with the doctor. I have made my own investigation over the net, so I have my own conclusions instead of paying someone to tell me lies. So this is what I know according to my research, it's extra fats that our body is trying to get rid of. So I take amoxicillin 250mlg ones in a while, bathe with warmer water to help scalp pores open and expell the yellowish stuff out, " Aloe Vera" soaps ( no anti dandruff shampoo cause of all chemicals ) aloe vera helps the skin heal I use " Irish Spring with aloe vera " everyday wash. Turmeric powder in foods helps detox the body.

Reply Reply