It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
(male)

Tonker HB User
List of stuff I've tried, no luck with bacne

Hey all, just want to list a bunch of different things I've tried to rid myself of bacne and hope that someone can suggest something else to try. Just a brief back story first; Had bad facial acne during high-school, not severe, but noticeable. After trying just about everything just short of Accutane, I eventually got it under control around the age of 21(I'm now 23), but as my facial acne improved I began to develop acne on my shoulders and upper back. It's become worse then my facial acne ever was, I really just want to get it under control without having to turn to Accutane.

What I've tried so far:
-soap
-exfoliating soap
-exfoliating facial scrub
-head and shoulders shampoo(once read a comment somewhere it helps)
-rice wine vinegar
-sleeping with and without a shirt
-changing my bed sheets more often
-showering twice a day
-I do not squeeze/scratch at it unless I get one annoying pimple that rubs against my shirt and causes pain, which I will try to remove while showering only.
-and finally, the most recent treatment; Benzac AC wash 5% and 10% concentrations(benzoyl peroxide based washed)

The Benzac 10% cream is the only thing that's made a significant difference, but it has only slightly improved my condition, has been 2 months since any noticeable change and I had 2 rather large zits appear on my left shoulder yesterday that's convinced me to seek another treatment.

Just an added note; my bacne always seems much worse at night, when waking up my skin looks slightly red with a few red spots and small pimples which gets progressively more red and pronounced as the day goes on, being significantly worse late at night before I go to bed.

Just any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: List of stuff I've tried, no luck with bacne

I've heard Avon Mark Back Me Up Spray is good for bacne.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
(male)

000000000 HB User

The only thing I've found to be effective is Panoxyl 10% soap or the acne wash that's also 10% benzyl peroxide. The most important thing that I have discovered is that you have to wash each area for 1 minute. This is the only thing that seems to get my skin to sufficient dryness. I wash whatever area has acne for 1 minute each (I count 1 mississippi 2 mississippi and so on) so 1 minute for my chest / stomach 1 minute for my upper left back 1 min for my upper right back 1 min for my lower back 1 min for my neck and I used to do my legs but they don't seem to need it anymore so I use regular soap. I do all this twice daily and am acne free. If you think this sounds like it would be really annoying it is at first. I now listen to a radio while bathing to keep from getting bored. Sometimes I just let the acne wash sit on me for a while to let it get extra dry. The only thing I've found to be effective for facial acne is washing my face very frequently. I think it's also important to say that you should wash gently and not apply too much pressure. Drinking plenty of water helps especially when popping zits as it thins out your blood. Good luck. Stay positive!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #4
(male)

000000000 HB User

I should add that I try to always play things by ear. If my skin gets too irritated I will spend less time washing that area, or use normal soap for that area. I also adjust the order that I wash different areas to make sure that the section with the most acne is washed first, so it can have the soap on it the longest. The worst thing that can happen is for my skin to get too irritated, because then I have to stop using the soap, or have to use lotion which may cause more acne. If I have to use lotion I use cetaphil which you can get at the store. My dermatologist recommended it. I wear a shirt to bed and am sure to change my clothes frequently.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
(male)

Stoler99 HB UserStoler99 HB User

If your bacne is really bad, your going to need a antibiotic.
I would recommend either 100MG of Doxycycline or 150MG or 300MG of clindamycin. You have to get it prescribed from a Derm.
Either one of these antibiotics did wonders in getting rid of my bacne.
I would also use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub.
This is by far the best body wash for helping bring down acne.
It uses 2 percent Salicylic Acid, Green tea and Aloe.
I'v also heard good things about Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment With 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
(female)

KatZee HB User

You may have bad acne, OR you could just be exasperating your problem with all the crap you're trying.

I used to have bad bacne and NOTHING helped. I tried those exfoliating washes, soaps, scrubs, the Neutrogena acne body wash, I used sulfer spot treatment, I used harsh toners... NOTHING worked.

I actually realized my skin was freaking out BECAUSE of those things. I found out I have extremely sensitive skin and any sort of "product" with chemicals, colors, fragrances, will make my back, chest, upper arms completely freak out and breakout.

There is only ONE thing that has cleared my acne in those areas.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (the bar)

They are completely natural with no chemicals. I remember that I had looked up this product and bought it and I got out of my daily shower after using this soap for maybe 1-2 weeks. I was toweling off and I walked past the mirror, avoiding it as usual because looking in the mirror would make me depressed... but I caught a quick glimpse by accident... had to backtrack and inspect more closely. The acne was legitimately gone. No red spots, no whiteheads...

I can't use any other soap anymore. Even something as simple as Dove will break my body out.

I buy an exfoliating sponge, lather it up with Dr. Bronner's and then I stand in the shower and scrub my arms, chest, and back.

I then follow up with a witch hazel toner (Thayer's Rose Scented)-- you're a dude so you should get the plain--- but the alcohol in other toners aggravates skin. Witch hazel calms skin down.

You should try this out, and you can try the same method with African Black Soap. You can get both at any health food store--- the ABS is good for oily acne prone skin and is good for the body.

Less is more in my case, maybe you should try it out.

Also, don't apply any lotions to your acne areas... keep it free and clear.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
(female)

JessicaSM HB User

The only 2 things that really worked for me were accutane and Diane35. I'm still on Diane35 and had no problems since

Closed Thread