It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

avini HB User
Tonnes of tiny clogged pores: chin/upper lip/nose/forehead

Okay, so I really need some advice..basically my skin is rather strange because on one hand I have oily skin but its also dry at the same time with slight flakiness and in turn I have trouble when trying to applying any makeup etc to my face. It just ends up looking horrible.

The problem I'm having is that I have tonnes, literally hundreds of tiny clogged white head/clogged pores in various parts of my face. The worst is my chin which appears to be just covered in them. I think it also makes me break out massively in the chin area and around my mouth too.

I have tried loads of different things to get rid of them but I'm at my wits end! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do it's awful, I cannot apply anything on my face smoothly, and I try not to put any moisturizer on it to stop it getting oily but then it feels dry!
What can help please?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Tonnes of tiny clogged pores: chin/upper lip/nose/forehead

Almost every manufacturer of skin care products make a cleanser for combination skin. Moisturizer too. Use a washcloth and use an exfolliant to help remove dead cells while washing face. Use benzoyl peroxide product on bumps sparingly.this will dry the white bumps up. Use astringent on t-zone only,( forehead,nose,chin) to help dry and dry up blemishes. Make sure all products say non- comedogenic, means dont cause pimples.Wash your face three times a day, Wear ONLY mineral type powder makeup. It does not cover as well but better than nothing. Never sleep with makeup on or with unwashed face. Some facials can remove white clogged pores . Best of luck.p.s. Keep your hands off your face! Dont prop chin in palm etc! Too much bacteria on hands, you DONT WANT IT on your face

Last edited by gmak; 10-16-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: p.s.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid (red box) is very good for clogged pores and whiteheads.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
(female)

KatZee HB User

Ahh... your skin sounds exactly like mine.

I've only recently gotten it under control. I'll tell you my daily regimen.

1. I don't wash my face with anything other than original Dove white bar soap. None of the drug store acne washes really do much at all. I've never had any success with these companies who like to profit off of everyone's acne problems.

2. When I wash my face with the Dove I lather it up using the Olay Spinbrush. It's essentially the Clarisonic but $200 cheaper. It's great at getting rid of the flakes and dead skin. It's also great at clearing out your pores and removing those clogs.

3. After I wash with Dove and dry, I apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid to a cotton ball and swipe all over my face. This stuff is AMAZING for oily, clogged, acne prone skin and blackheads. I saw a serious difference after the first time I applied it. --- the only issue here is that you will see enhanced dry skin for the first few days/week. That's because this is what this product is supposed to do. It completely gets rid of all the dead skin sitting ontop of your face (that's why you have all the clogs and dry flakes--- it's all dead skin settling into your pores and clinging to your face.)

The BHA will make your skin feel tight and when I initially started using it I would slather my face with shea cream or night cream, and I found it actually works better if you DON'T apply lotion, just kind of deal with the tightness. I've come to enjoy that feeling at night b/c I'll look in the mirror and see non-existent pores, where as before they were all clogged and noticeable and open.

Also to combat the flakes that the BHA are creating, I use simple Scotch Magic tape to those areas and voila, flakes gone. It's really miraculous. Just use some Scotch to pull off the dead skin before you apply make up, and if you see any stragglers you can use it after the makeups on too. Takes it right off, no problems.

For the day time I do use lotion, I use Eucerin with spf.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
(female)

Bluntcookie HB User
Re: Tons of tiny clogged pores: chin/upper lip/nose/forehead

Hi, I think I have the exact same problem!

My whole face gets really greasy (not just t-zone, cheeks too!), but on top of that, areas around my nostrils, mouth and chin will have flakey bits, like the top layer on top of the greasiness. I've noticed that when I'm ill and don't end washing my face day and night like I normally do, I get really bumpy skin on my upper lip, chin (just below my lip) and between my eyebrows. Normally I can only feel the bumps if i suck in my lips and push my teeth out so that the skin is stretched out. Then I can see that there are clear hard bumps underneath the top layer of the skin.

I can't remember when they developed (I am now 27), but I keep them to a minimal by using a brush to wash my face (I just use a £3 The Body Shop face brush instead of my Clarisonic as it's small enough to reach into areas that the latter won't) with a creamy face wash containing AHA and BHA (I use a Hadalabo Tamagohada one). This I do everyday and that helps to keep my skin smooth. I only use the brush at night though as I put foundation on in the morning and if I was to use the brush my skin would be "too" smooth and my foundation would just slip and slide around my upper lip area and would accentuate the bumps. Once a week I would also steam my face over a bowl of hot water then use the Borghese Fango (dark green) mud mask to help unclog my pores.

I used to also have these bumps on my chest area and no matter what technique I used they never went away (if I scratched them with my nails, then they would be flat, but would always come back). Then a few months ago I went to Thailand for a relaxing holiday and did lots of spa treatments. At one particulr place I was having a salt scrub and the lady (who was heavy-handed like a man) used a really course salt (and oil) to scrub my whole body (which hurt alot!), but the bumps on my chest disappeared completely. Now I feel them starting to come back so I'm just getting a salt scrub from Boots or The Body Shop and scrub myself.

If you have dry and oily skin together, it means that your skin is dehydrated. Try drinking lots more water and use products with hyrolaunic acid which helps "lock in" moisture.

I really hope that helps!

Closed Thread

Tags
acne, clogged, pores