It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

ihateacnes HB User
How to fix shallow scars left by acnes?

I have finally got rid of my severe acnes but I have some icepick and boxed scars left by the acne popped out by me (I wish I had not done that ).

How do I fix them?

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

KatZee HB User
Re: How to fix shallow scars left by acnes?

I have some shallow indentation on one cheek from bad acne. I've had them for a good 3+ years, although the oldest marks are shallower. They will fill in a bit over time, exfoliation of the skin speeds up the process a bit.

I've used at home microdermabrasion kits like the one from Olay... it didn't really help the indents but it did make my skin smooth.

You can try professional microdermabrasion but to see results you'd have to go like twice a month or monthly and have about 6-10 sessions to even see noticeable results. That can get pricey since microdermabrasion at a derm is about $170+ per session. I've seen professional microderm machines on Amazon for $200+ and then you can microderm yourself as much as you want.

AHA/BHA are also good liquid exfoliators for scarring, I currently use the BHA since I have oily acne prone skin. It helps shed the dead skin and promotes new cell growth. It makes your skin SUPER dry though in the beginning. I'm about two weeks into BHA and the dry skin is starting to subside a little but it's a definite side effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

sarah990 HB User
Re: How to fix shallow scars left by acnes?

try Egg White you simply get an egg, split it then extract the yolk. The egg white is called the albumin. It helps to cure pimple scars as well as tighten the skin pores. Allow the egg white to stay overnight on the face.

Closed Thread